DocHoliday is offline Senior Member

b-12 inject or b-12 pills?

On allsportnutrition.com they have pills of b-12. Are these just as effective as injecting? TwinLab sells "dots" of 500mcg 200 "dots" so 1000mcg a day in the 'dot' form would that be the same as injecting?

Anyone?

Doc

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    It really depends on the injection being used. It's more a matter of convience and expense. Usually a doctor will do B12 shots, so that means going to the doctors office. It usually only has to be given once per week and not every day, but it's given intra-muscular, so you have to deal with the pain. I think that's the one that hurts like hell also. If B12 is the one I'm thinking about, you may have a hard time walking and sitting for a few hours after the injection. The main chemical difference is that the b12 shot is absorbed directly and the pills have to go through the digestive system, so you lose a lot of it.

Hope that helps

956Vette is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    b12 shots dont hurt. and you can shot sub-q as well.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I said I wasn't sure if it was the one I was thinking about as far as the pain is concerned. I didn't know they have it in subcutanious now. I haven't dealt with b-12 shots in about 15 years. Subcutanious would be absorbed faster than intra muscular, so I would guess it would be given every day or every three days at the most. That last part is just an educated guess, not based on actual experience with it. Like I said, I didn't even know they had it subcutanous.

well I know that AAS users, among other reasons, have a use for it because it actually alieviates some of the AAS shot discomfort.

I know about its role in red blood cells, DNA, increased metabolism and hunger (for at least two reasons), but I wasn't sure how different the pills from the shots were. Maybe one of the vets has the distinct diff? I've read mostly about the injections, I'm sure the data is the same, but the break down and retaining of b12 injectables or orals should or might be different.

Doc

Come on, are they equally as effective?

n0_Genetics is offline Associate Member
    i went to the pharmacy today and queried about b injectible... the lady otc told me that the injectibles are more effective.. hmm...

thanks No Genetics. Anyone else? It would seem that injectable would be more effective, shit anything is more effective in injectable form.

Alright, now if I inject b12 from a 30ml vial, I do injections daily right?
    Also, on the days I shoot my test e, do I just use a needle to extract my test, switch the needle and extract the b12, then switch again to inject?

That's a lot of needles. Maybe I should post a new thread.

Doc

Yung Wun is offline Member
    yea brotha, u can run that daily but i wouldnt surpass 1cc per day. u can run that everyother day if u like, its up to u. when B12 is taken orally ur GI tract will destroy most of it, so it would be more effective taken through injection. i would believe it would be ok, if u used the same needle to draw out as long as u change it when ur bout to inject urself.
    bodybuilding fitness forums hype muscle bodybuilders
    Last edited by Yung Wun; 08-08-2009 at 11:37 AM.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    B-12 Injections dont hurt, I would personally rather use them then the pills. But it depends on what you wanna do. And like Yung Wun said, do NOT go past 1cc of it a day.

Thread Information