SoccerObe is offline Junior Member

questions on creatine, and if it just puts water in ur muscles?

i want to get creatine but i heard it only puts water in your muscles and once you stop using creatine it goes back down to the same size. Would buying CellTech be a better thing to get for building muscle faster or is that stuff crap too?

cb25 is offline Banned
    I'll explain this as i understand it...someone step in if i get too far off base.

You've heard that creatine only puts water in your muscles. This is partially true. Creatine has a cell volumizing effect - which basically means that the increased concentration of creatine in the muscle pulls extra water in. This gives the muscle a fuller, larger look. This is one effect of creatine.

Secondly, creatine has a proven action beyond it's cell volumizing effects. Creatine phosphate, found in your muscle anyway, serves as an extra source of phosphate which helps provide your muscle with usable energy (through the donation of phosphate to ADP to regenerate ATP). This explains the claims that using creatine will allow you to lift harder longer...i believe creatine to be useful to this end.

As far as buying creatine vs. cell tech - the active ingredient in celltech IS creatine. The big difference is that celltech contains a boatload of sugar - this is a good thing as it will stimulate an insulin release, which in turn drives that creatine into the muscle cells - that way you don't just excrete the majority of what you take in. Basically, and everyone seems to have a different view on this, is that you should take the creatine with a source of simple sugart to ensure that you're actually using the creatine. It makes no difference if you take cell tech or just buy dextrose and mix it up yourself...it's your call.

cb

but if i stop using the creatine will my muscles shrink back down to its normal size?

Kromo50 is offline Junior Member
    hey man got a quick ? for u so all that sugar is cell tech is good for u so it can realse is in your blood stream or what i dont now the holw story here can u send me a message to explain it thanks

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kromo50
    hey man got a quick ? for u so all that sugar is cell tech is good for u so it can realse is in your blood stream or what i dont now the holw story here can u send me a message to explain it thanks
    The idea behind the sugars is this: The sugars will cause your body to release insulin . Insulin (in a very basic way of explaining) causes the muscles to take in nutrients from the blood. Basically, it causes the muscles to uptake the sugars, amino acids (from protein) and the creatine you're taking, so that the muscle cells can use them.

Normally that much sugar would be terrible for your diet. But, used post-workout - it's a good thing. That's why you hear people say to use a post-workout shake with 2:1 (ratio of grams) carbs to protein with the carbs consisting of simple sugars (dextrose/maltodextrin).

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    Cell-Tech = sux0rz

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Creatine MONOHYDRATE - it requires water to uptake. So yes, it adds water. But its primary benefits are in improving ATP/CP stores for more explosive contractions.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey Warrior look at this

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMike J
    Hey Warrior look at this
    SoccerObe - this is an example of what too much Creatine does to general disposition.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    SoccerObe - this is an example of what too much Creatine does to general disposition.
    lmao

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoccerObe
    but if i stop using the creatine will my muscles shrink back down to its normal size?
    Yes, the water retention will go away, but the idea behind creatine is not to be a quick fix to add size to your muscles. Like the other guys said, you gain muscle from creatine in the long run by having more energy to work your muscles harder and longer.

you can also try an effervescent creatine which is another way of delivering it to your muscles it still has sugar but not as much. Only thing I hat about creatine is that it makes me piss every five minutes. It worked for me when I was younger.

Whatcha gonna do.....

well i already got phospogen hp and have already finished the loading phase so right now im taking a protein drink in the morning when i wake up and go to class. i'll get back from class and drink creatine and another protein before my workout. then ill get back from my workout and drink another thing of creatine and protein and eat carbs. And before i go to bed i'll drink my last glass of protein. Do u think this is a good strategy or not?

ohh and im workin out 5 to 6 days a week according to how sore a muscle is.

if u'd like to know what my workout schedule i made up for myself is let me know cuz i want to make sure im not overtraining or anything.

don't train according to muscle soreness, 5-6 times a week is way too much, gains are not measured by muscle soreness, or even muscular fatigue. break your workout down to primary and secondary muscle combos, ex. chest/ tri's :back/bi's just a quick example. another thing is the whole loading phase idea is nothing more than a scheme to get you to invest more money into the product IMO. your body can only absorb so much creatine and the loading phase is coming out in your pissing phase that happens every 10 minutes. need some stats and background as well to give you a better description of what we can do here.

Whatcha gonna do brother....

ok this is what i've been doin every week for 2 months now.
    mon.- chest/tri. i'll do alot of chest work and some tri. work.
    tues.- back/bis. i'll do alot of back work and some bis. work.
    wed.- shoulders/traps alot of shoulder and trap work.
    thurs.-only triceps alot of tricep work
    fri.- only bis. alot of bis. work
    sat and sun. are usually off unless my shoulders do not feel sore then ill do shoulders on sat.

this way i work the big muscle groups once a week and the small twice a week. i dont do legs very often because i play soccer and i need to stay agile with my legs. And i havent done very much ab work but am going to start doing that 2 or 3 times a week doing alot of reps with little weight because i want to make my waist skinner and ripped instead of wide.

but today i didnt go in and do triceps like i usually do on thurs. because they r still sore. so if they feel better i'll work them fri. and do bisceps sat.

like i said i just started doing this 2 months ago now and ive noticed pretty good results. is there a way to do this better to get even better results quicker?

What are your goals? give us some stats and years training.

Whatcha gonna do...

i am 19 years old, about 180 lbs and 6ft 1. I have played soccer all of my life but i had lung surgery and it took me away from doing anything for about 2 years. I ended up putting on alot of weight, especially around my stomach. I have been messing around with weights on and off since i was like 16 but nothing serious until 2 months ago, which is when i started doing that program i mentioned. I was close to 190 soft 2 months ago and now im alot harder 180. My goals r to build bigger muscles and lose body fat. I dont care about strength as much as i do about the size of my muscles. im trying to get them to grow but am feeling at a sticking point right now.

Thread Information