T-101 is offline New Member

Preparation time of whey protein shakes

Is it ok to pre-mix protein powder (GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein) in water, leave it in the refrigerator overnight, and then drink it the next morning? Or would leaving a pre-mixed solution overnight spoil it?

Also, what effect will it have on my digestion if I don't blend the whey protein too well (ie there's still lumps of it in the water)?

Sorry for the silly questions, but Im new at this game hehehe....
    Last edited by T-101; 12-29-2001 at 11:24 PM.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    1. Although I have no studies *cough*hack*cough* , just mix when you get up, it doesn't take long. . .and then you know FOR SURE that none of the whey protein is being denatured.
    2. Lumps mean absolutely nothing, besides almost gagging to death when feeling a lump of choco-whey go down your throat. You can take a spoon and shovel that stuff into your mouth, and chew it, and it'd still be as effective.

Good luck bro.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Yeah, I think you're safer to mix it in the morning. If you really want to save time, fill an empty (dry) water bottle with the proper amount of powder and then add water (or milk) whenever you want to drink it. Give it a few shakes and presto - instant protein shake!
    I think I might be the only person I know that actually likes the taste of the lumpy powder. I add less water just to make sure its thick. Mmmmm! Then again, I also eat glutamine powder plain with a chaser of water.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by EXCESS
    I add less water just to make sure its thick. Mmmmm! Then again, I also eat glutamine powder plain with a chaser of water.
    My long lost twin. What about those myoplex shakes? Talk about thick, they're unbelievable...like milk shakes. Yuuuuuuummmmmmmy. I also take glutamine plain, i got a mini scoop that measures out 5g and i just take a 'hit' whenever i feel i need it. I usually take 5-10g halfway through my workout to keep myself from going catabolic as much as possible, i sometimes get a little messy and some powder gets stuck on my shirt...and the people that are lifting look at me like i am crackhead with that white powder all over me!! oh well, im a thug.

T-101 is offline New Member
    Actually, I LOVE shakes when they're lumpy too

WannaBeBuff is offline Junior Member
    I've always just put the powder in an empty bottle and can take it with me anywhere and add the water. I also take straight glutamine. When I mix it in a bottle so much gets stuck to the side of the bottle and I feel I'm wasting it. Just take one teaspoon(5g) and pop it on the tongue. It washes down rough but I save a few cents. I guess I'm just cheap.

Thread Information