Slugger is offline Junior Member

Cycling glutamine

Is glutamine naturally produced in your body? I know creatine is naturally produced in your body, what about glutamine? Some people say you should cycle creatine 2 months on 1 month off, what about glutamine? Would it be wise to do the same?

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugger
    Is glutamine naturally produced in your body? I know creatine is naturally produced in your body, what about glutamine? Some people say you should cycle creatine 2 months on 1 month off, what about glutamine? Would it be wise to do the same?
    i posted this in your other post as well...but might as well repeat

glutamine is naturally produced in your body, as it is converted from other AA's. that being said, i don't see any reason to cycle glutamine. it's not something that you can adapt to and see diminished gains from, in my opinion.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    People really have to stop with these double posts. Thank goodness for cut and paste.

Glutamine is an enzyme in your body, actually glutamine synthetase is what makes glutamine in the body. There are a few different types of glutamine synthetase as well. The exact way that glutamine works and everything that it does in the body is way too much to get into right now, but part of what it does is help build proteins. I will say that glutamine is not made from combining aminos though. But without glutamine, your body wouldn't be able to combine amino acids.

Glutamine synthetase has to be controled. This may get a little confusing, but if you read it over a couple times you'll get it.....

Glutamine's major function is to control the use of nitrogen inside your cells. When nitrogen is needed, glutamine synthetase has to be activated so that it produces glutamine, so that the cells don't starve.

When there is enough nitrogen, the glutamine synthetase must be deacivated so that it stops producing glutamine. If it were to continue producing glutamine, then you would end up with too much glut in your body.

Glut comes in different forms, such as Glut-4. Glut-4 is found in the muscles and is responsible for responsiveness to insulin . Some doctors and researchers believe that not having enough glut-4 can cause some kinds of diabetes.

There are also other types of glut, such as glut-1, glut-2, and glut-3. Your body has a need for each of these types of glut.

If you are supplimenting glutamine, then your body doesn't need to make it's own or as much of it's own by using the glutamine synthetase.

If your body stops making glutamine naturally, you can end up with a deficit of glut.

So, to answer your questions, yes, glutamine is naturally produced in the body. And, yes, it would be a good idea to cycle glutamine, even though there is no reason to cycle creatine.

Thread Information