trapsgoblin is offline New Member

How much protein at one time

How much protein should one take in at a meal, ive been on protein for awhile but until 3 weeks ago never really took as much as i should. I know with some sup. like creatine your body can only take so much at one time and the rest is wasted, is this the same as protein if i eat a chicken breast 40g and then a 50g shake am i getting all the protein or should i split it up alittle more, i weigh 195 and taking alittle under 300g of protein aday and usually only in 3 sittings, is that alright? thanks for any replies.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trapsgoblin
    How much protein should one take in at a meal, ive been on protein for awhile but until 3 weeks ago never really took as much as i should. I know with some sup. like creatine your body can only take so much at one time and the rest is wasted, is this the same as protein if i eat a chicken breast 40g and then a 50g shake am i getting all the protein or should i split it up alittle more, i weigh 195 and taking alittle under 300g of protein aday and usually only in 3 sittings, is that alright? thanks for any replies.
    Well the food in your stomach has a long way to go thru the intestines, nutrients are absorbed throughout its travels in the intestines... the whey shake gets absorbed right away, the chicken takes a few hours before it starts absorbing... in other words most of the protein WILL get into your blood stream, however there may be a maximum metabolisation rate your muscles can do to absorb protein so then you end up pissing some away... actually I understand sometimes the liver stores up to 100 grams of protein and time releases it later as needed. They made some studies of those who ate their 300 grams of protein a day and 3500 calaries in either just 3 big meals a day and compared with those with exact same daily intake totals but taking it in 6-7 smaller meals a day... then they reversed each group after a month... in the end they could not see ANY difference between the 3 big meals a day and the 7 smaller meals a day. In other words both groups ate the same protein, fat and calarie intake... the human body was able to store up excess materials for release later with the group that had the 3 big meals and no snacks. IN otherwords, eat whichever way gets you to your protein, fat and calarie a day goals, what is more convenient to YOU and not because some personal trainer somewhere thinks you need 7 small meals a day. There really is NO DIFFERENCE.

decadbal is offline Banned
    i wouldnt go as far as to trust what that guy said, time and time again its shown that more meals a day are better, the bigger the meal u eat, the more waste you will have from the intake foods. and persoanal trainers are right most of the time....

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Bro you have to break up your protein intake up among 6 or so meals a day not 3. Doing that you're just wasting most of it. I'm not sure if there is a set limit on how much protein you can take in at a time but personally anything over say 40-60g is being wasted. Take your goals for the day, say a set number of protein, carbs, fat and distribute them among 5-6 meals a day.

BREASTMAN is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trapsgoblin
    300 g per day is fine, but split it up into 5 meals of 60 g or 6 meals of 50 g.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    i go with max 55grams per intake every 2 hrs, but im also a big guy... 6'5 260...

Go Time is offline Associate Member
    Nutrition is an ever growing field, and we are always learning new things. I would definitely try to stick to lesser amounts of protein over several meals than greater amounts over fewer meals. Even assuming Naptatude is correct, which he could be.....that method of eating is sure fire way to gain a lot of fat instead of allowing to body adequate time to burn off fuel. Do you think you would store more fat eating 50 grams at once or 10g 5 times per day? I know this is straying from the question(You are wanting to know about protein), but I am sure you don't want to get fat in the process.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    I would say about 50g every 3 hrs

dingobite is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by groverman1
    I would say about 50g every 3 hrs

Thats what ive put together but you need to add in exercise your pumps assuming you can burn 20 or more grams in 45 minutes.

Thread Information