Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Exclamation Ephedrine and Pseudoephedrine

According to the New York Times, Sept 24, 2003 - Ephedrine and Pseudoephedrine are off the doping list cause to many innocent athlete were testing positive. The World Anti-Doping Agency (oversease drug tests for international competitions, like the Olympics) dropped Ephedrine and Pseudoephedrine but added modafinal.

They can now enjoy the cold syrups and a few cups of joe without worries!

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    [QUOTE=Warrior]According to the New York Times, Sept 24, 2003 - Ephedrine and Pseudoephedrine are off the doping list [QUOTE]

Sept. 24? I take it the news runs a little behind over there. hahaha

Politicians are still pressing to have the stuff banned though aren't they?

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I read it in the December 2003 Muscular Development. I got a subscription sent to me so I'd still be able to read the mag and get some current (somewhat current) news in the industry

I don't think Pseudoephedrine causes the same metabolites as Ephedrine on urine screening. The chance of them taking Ephedrine off is probably pretty minimal - but wouldn't Pseudoephedrine fall into the Ephedrine "and other related compunds"? ...

I think having caffeine, even though it has performance benefits to it - was a bit overkill. But this comes from the same commitee that wanted to ban sodium bicarbonate at one time for it's performance effects... the only problem is bicarbonate can be found in a shit load of bakery goods...

Thread Information