gtxben is offline Junior Member

Question Which comes first, creatine or protein?

I'm going to be starting a cycle in Dec. When I start this cycle I want to use everything to my advantage for max gains. I still have about 6lbs of Grape Cell-Tech around from this last summer (got a hell of a deal on it). I'm wanting to know.....for post workout, should I slam down my Cell-Tech immediately after my workout and then follow that about 40mins later with my protein.....or should I have the protein right away too? I've mixed the Grape C-T with chocolate protein and it taste like a$$. If it is recommended to mix the two and take right after workout, I think I will need to try mixing with Vanilla??? Also, should I take 1 scoop of C-T (5 grams of creatine) or 2 for post workout........or take 1 scoop before and another after? I've played around with this supplement stuff a lot, but other opinions are always nice to hear. Thanks guys!

mfenske is offline Member
    I would say take the protein and creatine at the same time. The sugars in the cell-tech should cause an insulin spike and help to increase the absorption of the protein. What I like to do is to actually consume 3 drinks for my workout phase. These drinks have about 50g simple carbs (Gatorade) and 25g protein (AST VP2 Vanilla). I drink one while working out, one IMMEDIATELY after, and then the final one about a half hour after finishing the workout. Hope this helps. Works pretty well for me. Mark

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Grape and chocolate together. Yuck. Yes, you need to take both the protein and creatine after your workout, but there is no need to mix them together. Just mix and drink one, then mix and drink the other one.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Death
    Grape and chocolate together. Yuck. Yes, you need to take both the protein and creatine after your workout, but there is no need to mix them together. Just mix and drink one, then mix and drink the other one.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Grape and chocolate...vomit.

But yea, take them together...one after another - or get flavors that will mix (orange celltech and vanilla whey - haven't tried it, but in theory it'd be ok)

gtxben is offline Junior Member
    LMAO, yeah you guys nailed it!!!! It does taste like vomit.

I will definitely have to figure something out. I guess drinking one after the other won't hurt.......from now on though I will buy shit that can mix. Thanks for the feedback guys!

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    I don't think this is a good idea. If I am wrong, someone please correct me.

If you think about it, the creatine transport formulation is 10 grams of creatine to 75 grams of dextrose. The dextrose (insulin spike) helps drive the creatine into the cells better, to my understanding. However, when taking protein of any type, this lowers the insuline spike that would normally come from carbohydrates. Therefore if you take your protein around the same time as your creatine/dextrose solution, you are lowering your insulin spike and dropping the absorption of your creatine.

**Disclaimer - This is my hypothesis, but if I am wrong, please correct me.

Thread Information