Thread: Hangovers?

PoorMan is offline Junior Member

Hangovers?

Hey, I dont know if this is off-topic or what, if so, please move it to the approproiate forum. I was wondering if anyone had any supplement recomendations for getting rid of/avoiding hangovers? I saw in 1 post a guys friend takes milk thistle, gatorade, vitamin B and a banana (haha, had to use that awesome dancing banana) and apparently swears by it. Anyone else ever try this? Or has anyone ever tried those pills called "Chaser"? Any input or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

eshestun is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PoorMan
    Hey, I dont know if this is off-topic or what, if so, please move it to the approproiate forum. I was wondering if anyone had any supplement recomendations for getting rid of/avoiding hangovers? I saw in 1 post a guys friend takes milk thistle, gatorade, vitamin B and a banana (haha, had to use that awesome dancing banana) and apparently swears by it. Anyone else ever try this? Or has anyone ever tried those pills called "Chaser"? Any input or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Drink a lot of water and bread before bed

Endurance is offline Associate Member
    Take a pencil and use the eraser and spread your toes and massage in between each one of your toes for about 2 mins a piece. The pressure should not be painful but it shouldn't be comfortable.

Endurance is offline Associate Member

i forgot

oh this is the morning after your partying too

nostawk is offline Associate Member
    other than water and food i dont know .....................but clear drinks like gin and vodka are less likely to make you hungoverother than water and food for hangovers i dont know..............but clear drinks like gin, and vodka are less likely to make you hungover

boozebags is offline New Member
    Pedialyte!! Its the drink for baby's with diarrear. Drink a half a bottle before you go to bed with 2 asprin and you will be in good shape. Tylonal works better but I heard its toxic to uour liver after drinking. Good job with the banana.

decadbal is offline Banned
    dont drink.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Water. The only reason for a hangover is becasue of severe dehydration. If your going to drink, have a glass of water inbetween each alcoholic drink(I know thats a drag but you get used to it)
    Chug a half gallon before you go to bed.

If your real ****ty, you migh pee in you pants after that but you won't have a headached.

dehydration=brain swelling=hangover

The other part of a hangover is lack of REM, which you can;t do anything about. Bad sleep is a given, headaches can be avoided

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno
    Water. The only reason for a hangover is becasue of severe dehydration. If your going to drink, have a glass of water inbetween each alcoholic drink(I know thats a drag but you get used to it)
    Chug a half gallon before you go to bed.

If your real ****ty, you migh pee in you pants after that but you won't have a headached.

dehydration=brain swelling=hangover

The other part of a hangover is lack of REM, which you can;t do anything about. Bad sleep is a given, headaches can be avoided
    I've always thought this as well...but I had an Ochem teacher in undergrad that swore that dehydration was major, but not the only part of it. The rest had something to do with the metabolism of ethanol to acetaldehyde (i believe)...

my suggestions, 1/2 gal of water and 2 aspirin before bed, same thing upon waking, even if you feel OK while you're still lying in bed. I usually feel OK, until I wake up more, then the headache really kicks in...

Thread Information