Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator

Thumbs up Methoxy-Isoflavones are good to go!!!

If anyone is interested in the study, I'll type it...but it's long, so if there is not enough interest...I won't. It shows it BUILT lean mass considerably in every test subject. Might be a good idea to take after a cycle to prevent catabolism and maybe even thrown on some.

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    Possibly could be a very good sup. May try some myself.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I'd be interested in reading that study. Will you type it, pleaaassse? There was another thread asking for info on this too. Thanks Papa, you're such a nice guy (WHORE!).

Blow me betty! Ya, I'll dig it up...although i have had only one request...but you are worth it Maple Loaf.

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    Awesome supp.

Originally posted by PaPaPumP
    but you are worth it Maple Loaf.
    Thanks! Hey wait, what's that supposed to mean?

P.S. Don't bother posting that info unless its filled with smileys!

Oh it'll be SMILIED up! I don't care WHAT primo says.

BTW, i meant nothing by that, Sundin, Cujo....it's on DONKEY-F*CKING-KONG! You still got that little fucker....ahhhhh what's his name....short little brown haired stocky guy who lives to fight.SHIT! When i hear his name i am gonna punch myself for not knowing this...

I'll start the study maybe later toinight.

BTW, i meant nothing by that, Sundin, Cujo....it's on DONKEY-F*CKING-KONG! You still got that little fucker....ahhhhh what's his name....short little brown haired stocky guy who lives to fight.SHIT! When i hear his name i am gonna punch myself for not knowing this...
    Tie Domi?

I hate the Leafs, I just use the Maple Leaf avatar because its my national symbol. Go Oilers!!!

DAMN IT!!!

I just got done kicking my OWN ass. That's the guy.

Geez buddy, you're spending enough time jibber-jabbering!!! Where's the study, eh?

lil' juicer is offline Junior Member

Calling PaPaPump et. al., Methoxy-Iso's questions...

I'm sucking hind tit post cycle and I need something fast. Where is a good place to get ligit Methoxy-isoflavones? What would be a good dosage? How long do you take until you see results? How do you cycle it? What are the sides? Any other helpful hints appreciated

foreverblast1 is offline Junior Member
    worked like a charm for me.. was on it for about 2-3 months at about 800mg a day and my strength went thru the roof... don't know about weight gain but looking in the mirror I could easily see improvements....

john

Foreverblast, how much does it cost?

I had this question about the usefulness of this suppliment on Anabolicfitness.com and they said it was shit. Ground up citrus rinds that are worthless. I wish I had something that could sway me one way or the other in deciding about buying some.

Socio is offline Associate Member
    try some and that will help u

peaker is offline Senior Member
    might sounds dumb, but what exactly is it?

peaker

Damn it...I'll go find it and stop 'jibber jabbering'....

I'm just too lazy...i put all my effort into the gym...it's sunday. i want to rest....

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    No rest...we want the study...with the smileys dammit!

This is not a study done by the same people with white coats and clip boards in thier hands that I see in muscle mags saying Celltech is 667% more effective than other brands is it? I mean there are some bullshit HMB "studies" still floating around too.

Big Cat is offline New Member
    Nope, but if it shows methoxy works one of the following factors will be the case :

1. It was sponsored by a company with a great stake in methoxy
    2. It was done before 1985
    3. It was performed behind the iron curtain
    4. It was conducted on animals, not humans
    5. It was not published in a respectable medical journal

Or multiple of the above choices. Anyone today who is gullible enough to believe methoxy works deserves to lose their money on this crap.

I believe Big Cat. PaPaPump has come back with nothing. Bogus supplements have a way of shoveling shit via home made "studies have proven, yadda, yadda, yadda..." Means nothing.

No dissin' da PaPa! He said he had the study, and I believe him.

Hey, I believe he has a study too, I just doubt it'll be a viable one. I've read just about every study on methoxy. Either they showed methoxy didn't work, or they met one of the above criteria. Its one thing to be able to find, read and understand studies, its quite another to be able to tell which ones hold any ground in the medical lit. That's not a diss though.

Diss? What diss? I'm not on the same piece of music with a few of the big shots on this board. If i ask a question or don't get a satisfactory response it will be known. I'm keep the position that we will all learn a little more by challenging a post that has some hint of discrepancy as opposed to a simple "good post bro."
    Last edited by lil' juicer; 12-26-2001 at 08:08 AM.

Bump

Originally posted by lil' juicer
    If i ask a question or don't get a satisfactory response it will be known.
    In the words of David Bowie: "Rebel, rebel!!!"

I noticed that you edited your post. Go a little nuts and have to edit a flame? j/k bro!

Originally posted by lil' juicer
    I believe Big Cat. PaPaPump has come back with nothing. Bogus supplements have a way of shoveling shit via home made "studies have proven, yadda, yadda, yadda..." Means nothing.
    Ohhh..so now we are going to get all pissy about it are we???

You testing me??? Think I'm telling lies? Alright then, it's on, and trust me, it will be posted. You can count on that. . .I'm starting to dig in the books right now.

This ought to be interesting, since you ought to be looking in scientific mags or perhaps medline to find anything I haven't read yet. Don't think you'll find much in books. But I eagerly await your reply.

Ok, found one. But it's not the one i wanted....be right back.

As requested by Little fella.

Here you go big guy! How does victory taste? Ohhh....I'm sorry, maybe i should be the one answering that question.

Tom Incledon and colleagues presented a the first study conducted in the United States to evaluate erogogenic value of methoxyisoflavone(MF) supplementation on training adaptations. The study was supported by Biotest Labs Inc., and conducted by Dr. Joey Antonio when he was at the University of Nebraska, Kearney. In this study, 14 healthy resistance trained men were adminstered a placebo (P) or a supplement containing 800 mg per day of MF for eight weeks. Subjects were instructed to maintain their normal dietary intake and training volume throughout the study. Prior to the study and following supplementation, subjects performed a vertical jump test on a force platform to assess lower extremity peak force. In addition, bone density and body composition measurements were determined using a dual energy X-Ray absorptionmeter (DEXA).
    The authors reported that were no differences in intial peak performance or body composition prior to supplementation. Supplementation during training did affect muscle mass and fat mass between both groups in favor of the MF group. Subjects in the placebo group experienced a signifigant increase in body fat (pre 16.8+-9,post 17.6+-9kg, p<.05) while fat mass was decreased in the MF group (pre18.7+-12, post 17.3+-10kg, p>.05). Soft tissue/muscle mass increased in the MF group (pre66.0+-8, post 67.3+-7 kg) but was not changed in the placebo group (pre 68.3+-10, post 68.4+-9kg). As a result subjects in the MF group observed an decrease in bodyfat (pre 20.1+-10, post 18.8+-9% p<.05) whilst subjects in the placebo group experienced a signifigant increase in body fat (pre 18.0+-6, post 18.7+-6%, p<.01). The reasearches concluded that based on their sample, ingestion of 800mg a day of MF for eight weeks can favoraby alter body composition.
    ( Incledon T, Can Gammeron D, Antonio J. The effcts of 5-methyl-7-methoxyisoflavone on body composition and performance in college aged men. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 33(5): In press, 2001.)

Happy little fella?? There ya go!

Bingo, told ya I was right. Incledon, somebody remind me what firm he works for. That's one of my criteria listed above. Not valid, because 9 out of 10 says it was sponsored by a company that had a stake in methoxy.

Secondly, there is something that makes absolutely no sense right there. Subjects were told to maintain their diet and then put on an exercise program to test the results. Then how on earth did the placebo group gain fat on a program, when they did not when they weren't training ? Ponder on that one for a while and get back to me when you find a valid study. Nice try, better luck next time.

Hi smack.

All i said is I read a study that said methoxyisoflavones did what they were supposed to do. I'm sorry if it's not up to par, to your Golden Standards...but I am not here to impress you, nor argue with you. . .far too good a person to stoop to your level.

Good day.

Good study, Papa! I knew you'd come through.

!

Wow! Someone who actually knows how to conduct himself in a respectable manner. Amazing!
    I'm not into 'internet fights', so if that's your thing. . .by all means.

Re: !

Wow! Someone who actually knows how to conduct himself in a respectable manner. Amazing!
    I'm not into 'internet fights', so if that's your thing. . .by all means.
    Not interested in fights, just don't take very well to people who spread misinformation that's all. No harm intended. Just thought you ought to know that study was flawed ...

Thanks Big Cat. You prevented me from wasting my money on some bullshit.

Helped me with 8 lbs in 5 weeks. But my study was flawed. . .so you're right, don't take it. More for me.

Can you say placebo ?

HaHaHa...there you go again! Oh you're fantastic!

If 'Mr. Olympia'himself doesn't endorse a product, than it MUST be bogus...right???

Dude, just drop it, i could give a flying fuck what you think about methoxyisoflavones. This is for people who were interested in a study, not 'oh the person isn't credible' so it's bullshit. So, should i be the mature one again and say "I'm sorry". Ok, well I'm sorry, you're right, I'm wrong. Now stop this pointless rambling, as far as I'm concerned it's a waste of board space.

Now that's where you are wrong, cause the stuff Ronnie Coleman endorses is crap as well. I'm sorry if you find my remarks hostile, they were by no means intended to be. And if you are perfectly happy deluding yourself than that is no concern of mine. But please don't spread misinformation. A lot of people, unlike yourself, don't like pissing their hard-earned money away on placebo's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information