Sculpter is offline New Member

ECA and creatine/glutamine a bad combination?

Any words of advice on the following?

Creatine and Glutamine should be taken separately and never while taking Ephedra/caffeine. Due to the fact that ECA will out compete the creatine and glutamine for cell adsorbtion...also since ECA is a diuretic you end up urinating the creatine or glutamine before full usage (aka p***ing your savings away)? Just wondering since many peeps take ECA during cutting but other threads suggest glutamine is good only during cutting. Maybe some peeps aren't getting the effect because they're taking a poor mixture of sups...or just taking them at the wrong time.

Cheers.

S

Sculpter is offline New Member
    I think I answered my own question. Here's some info and a link if you're interested at all.

http://www.musclesurf.com/creatinemonohydrate.html

Q. Should you use creatine monohydrate and an ECA Stack together?

A. Depending on your training and physique goals, doing so may be counterproductive. You see, one of the primary ways creatine works is by loading the muscles with water—this is why consuming large amounts of water is such a critical part of effective creatine supplementation. On the other hand, the caffeine included in the typical ECA Stack has a diuretic effect—it draws water out of the muscles and the body. So if you take your creatine simultaneous with your ECA Stack, or with a cup of coffee for that matter, you’ll tend to cancel out the cell-volumizing effects of the creatine.

Basically don't take them together. Separate their usage. I've been waking up (6:30ish) in the morning taking ECA (20,200,300mg) and doing 45 mins of 145 BPM cardio. I hit myself with ECA again around 1:00. At around 3:00 I take 5 mg of creatine, lift weights, and take another 5 mg of creatine. I take 15 mg of glutamine at bedtime with some cottage cheese.

So far no complaints.

S

TOMMY-GUNN is offline Associate Member
    Yo Scultper,
    When you say creatine and glutamine are suppose to be taken seperately u mean that they should be taken seperately- as in at different intervals during the day?

Thread Information