gonzal78 is offline New Member

Creatine and Protien shakes

Can creatine be taken with a protien shake. From what i am reading creatine should not be taken with any glutamine and most shakes have glutamine acid. I have read nt to take L-Glutamine and creatine at the same time. What is the difference between L-Glut and Glut acid?

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I'd like to know too. I know I have seen protein powders made with creatine, so I guess it is OK.

popa is offline Senior Member
    I never mix the two together it's a personal preference, I take creatine in the locker at the gym before I showwer, then go home for a shake.
    Muscle tech isolate protien has creatine in it so it should be ok to mix the two

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    You can mix protein with creatine. The difference between L-Glut and Glut acid is that they are two different amino acids. They have the same basic structure, but Glut acid has a carboxyl group that makes it acidic.

D unit 04 is offline New Member
    i take nitro tech. it has creatine and glutamine in the ingredients. i would just love to know how much is actually in there, if its just a trace or actually a couple grams

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D unit 04
    i take nitro tech. it has creatine and glutamine in the ingredients. i would just love to know how much is actually in there, if its just a trace or actually a couple grams
    It doesn't say on the package how much is in it? I wouldn't use anything that didn't list the complete nutritional information.

TheGame826 is offline Member
    ...nitro tech does not have any creatine in it.

yes you can mix creatine with protein, it will not cause any harm. I would suggest mixing the vanilla proteins though, because mixing chocolate with lemon creatine doesnt sound to appetizing. its basically if you can stomach the taste.

But once again there is nothing wrong with mixing. theres no reason why glutamine can not be takin with creatine. also from what i understand glutamin is way overrated.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    It's okay to mix them together. I'll take 10 grams of micronized creatine and mix it in my protein shake. Glutamine is over-rated, but it still helps you recover from a workout and prevents as much muscle from tearing down.

seesamplay is offline Junior Member
    I was hoping to modify the question a little bit. I purchased 100% maltodextrin and 100% glucose to make my afterworkout drink. Any experienced users want to recommend the best procedure and additional ingredients?

Can I just put 50grams of each into a protein shake and be done with it? Or should I intake the sugars and get the protein a little later???

KingJames23 is offline Associate Member
    I have read from research done that taking creatine w/ whey protein creates the best anabolic effect... This is what i need to get back to doing...

Thread Information