Optica is offline New Member

Question What gets you, or would get you to buy supplements online?

Hey guys, a buddy of mine and me are looking at starting up a supplement store and i have a few questions for you guys! If we could get as much input from you as possible it wouldbe great. thanks! Feel free to answer any question, or all of them so we can take a hard look this.

How many of you guys buy online, anything make you happy or angry during your shopping process?

What makes you guys buy supplements online?

What do you guys think of buying supplements online?

What makes you not buy supplements online, what would get you to change your ways?

Would 10% off to AR members entice you to buy?

discounts on larger purchase?

Free shipping for first time orders?

If we sent you a shirt promoting our site ( www.oursite.com) on it. Would you guys wear it in the gym.. or use it as a rag to change your oil:P

Thanx for any input guys!

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    I would guess that all the guys on here that buy supplements online do so because it is much cheaper than buying at a retail store. If your prices are competitive with other sites, and you give a 10% discount to AR members, I'm sure you could get some business.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Yeah, 10-20% discount for AR members is really good... Also, try to get some Beverly International products as well! They work great,

pyssdogg is offline New Member
    the same reason anyone buys anything online

price is usually cheaper

convenience(sp?) of buying what your looking for and having it delivered to you...

btw, this site already has a sponsor www.allsportsnutrition.com (sports not sport)

later

Bump!

Good stuff guys, keep it comming Yes, i am aware that these boards are sponsered, but hey who doesnt like cheap and mabye cheaper supplements!

What have your guys experiances with shopping online been like so far?

Im thinking about a 10% AR discount, and or possibly shipping discounts or promotions etc.

Any products youd like to see etc?

Optica

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    I honestly dont see this as a site that would benificial for your start up. Like above mentioned, this site is sponsored and ran by an online suppliments supplier.
    The market is already saturated with online suppliers as well.
    Also, I really dont think you would be able to compete with Allsports.
    There was thread already about ASN and I would say that 90 percent of the products sold are less expensive than ANY other site. There are a few items but mabye 10 cents more expensive.
    Delivery is mabye 3-4 days US.
    At 10 percent discount, I dont see you making a profit.

Good luck.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Here are some questions.

Have you researched bulk sellers, suppliers
    Have you researched how much in bulk you would need to buy to compete with other websites?
    Have you searched ALL the sites that come up under YAHOO under "suppliments" and written down ALL the prices of the items?
    Have you figured out where to store all the items?
    Do you realize how much money you will need to start up a business and how in the first six months you will lose money?
    Do you know how much it cost to have your site come up under search engines such as google and yahoo?
    Shipping handling, customer service phone numbers, credit card acceptance.

Just cause you know people wanna buy N LARGE and they would buy with a 10 percent discount means nothing.
    Maybe 100 people from this site catch on and buy from your site the first month. Each member spends about 100 dollars each month on protien and such. Maybe you get 100 more members next month.
    So you have 20,000 dollars coming in each month. You maybe make 5 dollars profit off every hundred. Roughly you made HIGH END, oh Id say 300 dollars profit for that month.

RockWolf is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Here are some questions.

Have you researched bulk sellers, suppliers
    Have you researched how much in bulk you would need to buy to compete with other websites?
    Have you searched ALL the sites that come up under YAHOO under "suppliments" and written down ALL the prices of the items?
    Have you figured out where to store all the items?
    Do you realize how much money you will need to start up a business and how in the first six months you will lose money?
    Do you know how much it cost to have your site come up under search engines such as google and yahoo?
    Shipping handling, customer service phone numbers, credit card acceptance.

Just cause you know people wanna buy N LARGE and they would buy with a 10 percent discount means nothing.
    Maybe 100 people from this site catch on and buy from your site the first month. Each member spends about 100 dollars each month on protien and such. Maybe you get 100 more members next month.
    So you have 20,000 dollars coming in each month. You maybe make 5 dollars profit off every hundred. Roughly you made HIGH END, oh Id say 300 dollars profit for that month.

Well put...

Alot of things for me to look over. Im really just feeling everything up. Alot of the things above need not to be discussed, the start up rev etc etc etc. Im talking about you guys and your experiances. Thx for some input. alot to still look over.

RockWolf is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Optica
    Alot of things for me to look over. Im really just feeling everything up. Alot of the things above need not to be discussed, the start up rev etc etc etc. Im talking about you guys and your experiances. Thx for some input. alot to still look over.
    So, in essence, you want us to do a market survey for you....for free?

I'm sorry but there's a protocol to be followed in exchanges like this. We bring something to the table, you bring something to the table. At the moment, your side of the table seems pretty empty to me. I'm new here...the guys helped me out a lot and for that I'm grateful. In return, I hope to eventually share my experiences with them and with other new people as they come along.

I'll start with a tip. A good salesperson is familiar with the market. He belongs to the market. So IMO you should become a bodybuilder, at the very least start using the supplements you plan to sell, if you want to start servicing this market. Join the crowd, become part of the market, and your own experience will guide you in your business decisions.

You wouldn't buy a car off a Chevy salesman if you saw him drive in with a Toyota would you?

Rockwolf

Thread Information