dave_0000 is offline New Member

Weight gainers- waste of money?

Would it be worth buying a weight gainer supplement? I've heard that they don't work. Just wanna see what everyone else thinks.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Ive used Nlarge2 for about 5 years now..i think, somewhere around there.

You need simple carbs post workout. You need protien post workout. Its just a combo package, nothing more nothing less.

Many have seperate protien and carb drinks that they preffer. I chose to have it all in one ready to go.

Its also handy for the so called hardgainers that cant eat enough.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    I believe in them. Im upgrading from the champ 600 to the MEGACHAMP (LMAO at marketing) 1200.
    There is NO WAY I could eat a 1200 calorie meal at once.
    Even if it is all filler, I dont care. My body can handle it and utilizes it.
    The problem is, the weight doesnt seem to stay on long. Almost as if it is temporary weight. Weird.

Figure 50 dollars for a months worth of food at 1200 calories a pop is not bad. Plus like the hamburglar said, it already comes with the protein whcih you buy anyway.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    I just bought 20lbs of N-Large 2 a couple of days ago. I hear it works great, not one bad thing about it yet. I'll make a thread about it (NOT IN THE LOUNGE GUYS! ) and tell the results I got.

unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    I don't normaly buy from gnc but I have their 2200 weight gainer with over 2200 calories a serving. Just started it but I'll tell you if it's any good.

Quote Originally Posted by unclemoney
    I don't normaly buy from gnc but I have their 2200 weight gainer with over 2200 calories a serving. Just started it but I'll tell you if it's any good.

That is something you need to watch. You need to see how many grams make that 2200 calories. Any wieght gainer can claim 2200 calories cause they can just say add 10 scoops to your liquid and you have 2200 calories.

For instance. Champion 600 vs champion 1200
    600 requires 150 grams vs 1200 which requires 200 grams. For 50 more grams you get 500 more calories. Not bad. I think that 2200 calorie stuff you need like 350 grams of powder. That is A LOT of powder per shake. Almost non drinkable. Your body cant even consume 2200 calories in one sitting.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I love nlarge2. I have a protien shake three times a day and nlarge after workout.

It has aminogen and carbogen to break down all the stuff and serving size is 493grams. I don't think I'm going to buy anymore just wanted to try it out once.

Weight gainers are great to get the exta calories you need to put on the mass

jake2envy is offline New Member
    ur 175 bench 160 i weight 130 i was 98 wen i first start workin out in febuary 2003 i gain that naturaly and i bench 170 and im 130 u should be workin on strenth try to bench 3 seconds down 1 sec hold 3 sec up strength will come more power the bigger u will get faster cuz u can lift more

500 grams per serving. That is WAY TOO MUCH powder for one shake. Thats almost all powder vs liquid.

Yes, I know that's why I break down the servings by three I only take about 170grams a serving unlike what the directions said.

dave_0000 is offline New Member
    I just bought prolab nlarge weight gainer.

The serving size is 4 scoops ea. shake, but instead i was thinkinking about using 2 scoops for ea. shake 2-3 times a day.

What would be the best time to take this shake?

Quote Originally Posted by dave_0000
    I just bought prolab nlarge weight gainer.

The serving size is 4 scoops ea. shake, but instead i was thinkinking about using 2 scoops for ea. shake 2-3 times a day.

What would be the best time to take this shake?

Doesnt really matter when you take one. Maybe one for breakfast lunch dinner.

Try not to drink a shake RIGHT BEFORE a workout. Wait AT LEAST half an hour to an hour before working out.
    Take one right after work out is ok though.

Dinosaur is offline Member
    hey bro!
    i just want to see if you or anybody on this board have tried mega whey its a great stuff. its got 5 amino acids which your body can benefit from and 2 scoops servings with 50g of protein and 5grms of glutamine etc. its a good stuff I have tried my self and still using it.
    good luck.

Joe King is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charrif
    hey bro!
    i just want to see if you or anybody on this board have tried mega whey its a great stuff. its got 5 amino acids which your body can benefit from and 2 scoops servings with 50g of protein and 5grms of glutamine etc. its a good stuff I have tried my self and still using it.
    good luck.

Problem I found with N Large2 was that it contains FRUCTOS which causes fat around the abs.

If I use a weight gainer, I make sure I chose one that has no fructos in it.

Thread Information