Kego is offline New Member

Creatine and Gatorade

I've seen alot of posts and information about taking creatine with gatorade and it all makes sense. I also know that you shouldn't be ingesting caffeine or citrus with your creatine as it will nullify the creatine and turn it to waste. Here's my confusion...Most Gatorade has high amounts of Citric Acid; isn't this against the same rule as drinking grapefruit or orange juice and coffee? Maybe I'm confused over citric acid but it just seems like it would be the case. Anyone have ideas on that?

Kego is offline New Member
    I've found some other information on the topic and noticed that Citric Acid is actually an acidifying agent used in many of the flavored creatine mixes like fruit punch, orange and lemon lime.

On the other hand I've found sites that claim you should drink it with sweetened carb drinks that don't contain citric acid. Now, if they put it in the flavored creatine mixture, I would think that is contradictory.

Twinlab Fuel Loading Drink uses it as an ingredient, I would think that's a positive. Chelated Creatine suppliers use it as part of their "coating" to protect the creatine from the stomache acid according to their claims.

Guess it can't be bad then?

LM1332 Guest
    i dont know ive read all the things on creatine and they suggest to drink creatine with grape juice

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    What I recently learned:

-gatorade bottled: no dextrose!

-gatorade powder: we have dextrose folks!

As weird as that sounds, as to why they would use different sugars confuses me. Just buy the powder for $4 and happy creatining.

C.K. is offline Junior Member
    I was reading from a couple different sources that you should drik the creatine in warmed juice or a carbo drink. The said the best would be to drink it with at least 50g of carbos. Also, isn't Powerade better than Gatoade since it doesnt have any Sucrose in it like Gatorade does?

LM1332 Guest
    powerade has more potassium also

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by C.K.
    I was reading from a couple different sources that you should drik the creatine in warmed juice or a carbo drink. The said the best would be to drink it with at least 50g of carbos. Also, isn't Powerade better than Gatoade since it doesnt have any Sucrose in it like Gatorade does?
    I was under the impression that powerade used high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) as it's carb source...can anyone correct me? I tried to pull up their website, but they don't detail what the exact ingredients are...

Anyway, i've always seen gatorade as the top choice, as far as those types of drinks are concerned - they use a glucose-sucrose syrup (not just sucrose) while most others use the HFCS.

cb25 is offline Banned
    ok...i found the ingredients list:

Ingredients: water, high fructose corn syrup, maltodextrin (glucose polymers), citric acid, salt, natural flavors, potassium citrate, potassium phosphate, niacinamide, yellow 5, pyridoxine hydrochloride, blue 1, cyanocobalamin

so they use a combination of HFCS and maltodextrin. the malto is fine, but i try to avoid hfcs...

nostawk is offline Associate Member
    ppl used to think that that since caffiene is a diuretic it would hinder absorption but that is not the case and im guessing that the acid in drinks will not break down creatine
    also the candy smarties are almost entirely dextrose i like to buy big 180 roll bags and eat them after i workout with creatine

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nostawk
    also the candy smarties are almost entirely dextrose i like to buy big 180 roll bags and eat them after i workout with creatine
    i heard somebody else say that too...i find that incredibly funny seriously, i went and looked it up, because it seemed crazy. Sure enough, first 2 ingredients are dextrose and glucose syrup. Damm...

gtgt is offline New Member
    Just buy Cell-Tech, it is Creatine with Dextrose. 10 grams Creatine, 75 grams Dextrose. Problem solved.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gtgt
    Just buy Cell-Tech, it is Creatine with Dextrose. 10 grams Creatine, 75 grams Dextrose. Problem solved.
    or buy plain dextrose and creatine monohydrate, mix it yourself...cheaper that way, i believe...

gtgt is offline New Member
    I agree about the price, Cell-Tech is OVERPRICED

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    I gotta try this smarty thing...

LOL can't wait to see what the guys in the gym say...

Ambulance is offline Member
    Good thread

Jayro107 is offline New Member
    i thought best way to drink creatine was just with warm water........

Thread Information