mass_mike is offline New Member

ALA -R how long before?

Hi, new to the board. I recently purchased some Glucorell R and was wondering how long before you eat carbs to take it? Should it be 15 min or right before or does it matter?

mekler is offline Associate Member
    i usually take mine about 20 minutes before

eggplant is offline Member
    taking ala ..does it mean have to take it on every meal that has carbs? or only postworkout shake?

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Take it with food. It will digest at about the same rate. One capsule per 30-40 grams of carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mass_mike
    Hi, new to the board. I recently purchased some Glucorell R and was wondering how long before you eat carbs to take it? Should it be 15 min or right before or does it matter?
    15min prior is preffered for GENERAL (see below) maximum benefit, though with large or slow digesting meals taking one/some prior and one/some with (or even after) is not a bad idea.

best thing to do is play around with dosing times to see how you respond, everyone is somewhat different.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    i take it right along with my pwo shake and pwo meal an hour later....so far so good...also it is recommended that you take biotin with it (glucorell already has it) to help with absorption.

as a note 240ct glucorell now available

Originally posted by ulter
    The price of the 240 count bottle is $39 with the afdiscount coupon.
    PRICE DROP on the 120 count from $24 to $22 per bottle with the afdiscount coupon.

PUT IN THE DISCOUNT CODE AND THEN CLICK "GO" THEN SELECT THE SIZE YOU WANT AND ADD TO CART.

as a further note-
    if using prior to a dextrose based post workout shake, definitely reccomend 15min prior. with slower carbs its not as much of an issue but dextrose hits you almost right away (hence the reason its used to treat hypoglycemia)

update?

baller45 is offline Junior Member
    ala before and after a workout, that is it for me.

rs1000 is offline New Member
    1) Use R(+)ALA, not regular ALA.

These are the extrapolated optimal dosages based on animal lifespan studies:

315mg R(+)ALA every twelve hours
    1000mg ALCAR every twelve hours
    3 or 4 mg biotin every twelve hours

ALA competes with biotin, so everyone should take biotin with R-ALA.
    Studies done by well-known biochemists Bruce Ames and Tory Hagen show that ALCAR and R-ALA have a synergistic effect, plus the younger you are, the more important it is NOT to take R-ALA unless you are also taking ALCAR (could possibly increase oxidative stress w/out ALCAR, but will lower it with)!!!
    Plus, ALCAR helps to reduce recovery time and can increase heartbeat efficiency and even increase maximum heart rate allowing for better pumps.

baller45 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rs1000
    plus the younger you are, the more important it is NOT to take R-ALA unless you are also taking ALCAR (could possibly increase oxidative stress w/out ALCAR, but will lower it with)!!!
    ALC has pro-oxidant properties.
    R-ala does not.
    So you must mean the other way around?

r-ala (like most anti-oxidents) at very high dosages can act as a pro-oxident (though with commonly used doses this is not an issue)- unless you are taking 2grams at a time.

it does stack very well with alcar- from health, nutrient partitioning and fat loss perspectives

Thread Information