LookingtoCut is offline Associate Member

Glutamine/Protien Shakes?!??!

Ok guys, got a few questions for you I hope you can answer. I've made a few posts, but incase you don't know my stats. 6'2, 220lbs, 20% BF, looking to CUT up and SHRED down to 8-12% BF. Dieting, lots of cardio, and lifting. Cardio 7 days a week 30 min each day, and lifting 5 days a week. EVERYONE talks about GLUTAMINE, and how great it is for muscle recovery, thats FINE to take even though I'm cutting? Also, Capsules or Powder better? Now I've read to take 15-20g a day....5 when I wake up, 10 directly after workout, and 5 before bed...Now here's my main question. Whats the deal with GLUTAMINE and Protien? They can't be taken together? So right after my workout, I always have a protien shake, but everyone says you NEED to take Glutamine immediately after workout, how does that work? Please go over this for me in detail. Also, What PROTIEN SHAKE tastes good? Everything I've had tastes like shit! How many Protien shakes should I be taking a day, and when? THANK YOU GUYS, IM SORRY FOR ALL THE QUESTIONS, but just need your help! You were all at my stage at one point, so bare with me! I APPRECIATE EVERYTHING!!!!!!

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    You should be taking in 2g of protein per lb of body weight to keep your body an 'amino acid warehouse' all damn day.

Glutamine can be either mixed in with your shake or just taken like a man with a straight scoop from the ole jub of glut. I take powder, but either is fine.

I take 10-15g post workout with some BCAAs tabs, and when i get home i make a protein carb shake after my shower.

Hope that helps, and have as many shakes necessary to attain your protein requirements.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    PaPa,
    Am I going nuts? Did you actually write an entire post about protein shakes without talking about steak?

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    The best time to take L-Glutamine is before training (yes before!!), last thing at night and first thing in the morning, take aways from protein, mix in ever so slightly warm water.

If you want Glutamine with your protein shake then use Glutamine peptides.

HalOd03 is offline Associate Member
    i only take about 5-7g a day of glutamine, before my workout, and 10g of creatine, in the morn, and after my workout.....does that sound good, or should i take more glut, and change times around??

Thanx
    Dave..

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    It depends on what you read some say 20g some say 10g some say 5g.I take 10g of glutamine ED 5g in the AM and 5g in the PM Creatine when I use it is 5g after a workout or 5g an hr before the glutamine in the PM

HalOd03 is offline Associate Member
    i work nights so my schedule of supplements are kinda fucked up....i start work at 12:30am and get out at 6:00am...i get home make eggs and shit, make my protein shake, creatine....wake up around 4, take glutamine...workout around 5:530...get home take creatine, and protein shake......later on at about 9-930 make another protein shake.................does this sound okay, or should i make sum changes cuz of my schedule?

Thanx
    Dave..

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by EXCESS
    PaPa,
    Am I going nuts? Did you actually write an entire post about protein shakes without talking about steak?
    Steak....STEAK!!?!? WHO SAID STEAK!?!?! Here cow!!!

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    1. glutamine is fine to take when cutting
    2. I'd go with powder
    3. dosage - 10 grams a day is good
    4. Glutamine is a non-essential amino acid, proteins are chains of amino acids, so they can be mixed together
    5. After your workout take the glutamine with the protein, or like Big Al said, take glutamine before your workout.
    6.Personally, I like Designer whey, chocolate or strawberry. for meal replacements Isopure vanilla is the nectur of the Gods, but mix it in a blender.
    7. For bodybuilding in general, whether bulking or cutting six meals a day is a must. split them up however you want, but the last meal of the day (before you go to bed) should have 0 carbs.

wow, your right LookingToCut, that was a lot of Q's

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Big Al

If you want Glutamine with your protein shake then use Glutamine peptides.
    Why? Can I get a full response. I'm trying to Learn

Thread Information