Discipline is offline New Member

question about an important muscle...

This question involves a very important muscle in your body and that is your Brain. I was just wondering if there is pill out there that would help me conentrate on school harder without my attention being deverted? Anyone know anything?

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Actually they say that an herb by the name of ginko baloba helps with this exact thing. I know people that swear by it. I have seen it as a tea, a pill and liquid. You can pick it up any any health food store.

The only catch is, if you are on perscription medication you might want to read up a bit on it. Because ginko is know to limit the affects of a few common meds.

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    I noticed when I'm using ephedrine I can concentrate harder. But I really wouldn't use it just to help you concentrate harder.

BigBadBoy is offline New Member

adderall

Is for exactly that. It's a prescribed medication for patients with ADD. If you are truly having concentration problems. Ask your physician about it. It works great, and is among a number of medications that can be taken.

sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    Creatine has actually been shown to improve "brain performance"... i don't have much time right now to get into the details so here's the abstract from the study.... take it as you will.

"Creatine supplementation is in widespread use to enhance sports-fitness performance, and has been trialled successfully in the treatment of neurological, neuromuscular and atherosclerotic disease. Creatine plays a pivotal role in brain energy homeostasis, being a temporal and spatial buffer for cytosolic and mitochondrial pools of the cellular energy currency, adenosine triphosphate and its regulator, adenosine diphosphate. In this work, we tested the hypothesis that oral creatine supplementation (5 g d(-1) for six weeks) would enhance intelligence test scores and working memory performance in 45 young adult, vegetarian subjects in a double-blind, placebo-controlled, cross-over design. Creatine supplementation had a significant positive effect (p < 0.0001) on both working memory (backward digit span) and intelligence (Raven's Advanced Progressive Matrices), both tasks that require speed of processing. These findings underline a dynamic and significant role of brain energy capacity in influencing brain performance."

Rae C, Digney AL, McEwan SR, Bates TC. Oral creatine monohydrate supplementation improves brain performance: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, cross-over trial. Proc R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2003 Oct 22;270(1529):2147-50

Thread Information