bravo11p is offline Associate Member

Unhappy Help stopping suger cravings

Does anyone know of any supps that help stop these insane sugar cravings All I ever want to eat is pancakes and sugary candies like jelly beans and shit. I know I am getting sufficeint carbs throughout the day but these cravings are horrible lately. I am using slin but have been using it for about three weeks now and this started about 2 weeks ago.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Bro, the only thing I can prescribe is ............discipline.

I hate to break it to ya, but I don't think there are any "legit" supps. that make you specifically stop wanting to eat sugar.

If there is, I have never heard of it. . .Sorry bro.

Scorpion is offline Junior Member
    Man I used to get that pancakes craving. PP is right, discipline is your best solution. However, for that sugary sweet craving maybe try having a shake. I like a scoop or two of strawberry protein, 2 cups of skim milk, and a banana. You might want to add a little ice cream or yogurt that's low in fat and sugar Why don't you just try some sugar-free candy? Right now, I chew a piece of sugar-free gum after dinner for that "dessert" effect and for fresh breath

bravo11p is offline Associate Member

thanx

Thanx bro's, I'm weak. I'll try the sugar free stuff.

ptbyjason Guest
    Try a sugar cube when you want sweets. Low calorie, no fat, and so sweet that you will not want sweets for quite a while.

xenithon is offline Member
    actually there is something that may help. you see, usually sugar cravings are caused by fluxes and changes in insulin levels beyond 'normal' causing sugar cravings - take chromium, pure, about 500mg-1000mg/day. i suggest one capsule as soon as you wake up, and itshould control or balance insulin levels throughout the day.

hope it helps

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Have a glass of water with a spoon full of sugar in it when you get the crave...

Socio is offline Associate Member
    CHORMIUM PICOLINATE 400MCG x 4 ED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Gluteamine is SUPPOSED to help. Never tried it though. Try Slpenda sugar substitute.

One other thing, the longer you are able to stay away from sugar the less frequent the cravings. If you ever quit smoking, it is very much the same sensation.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I drink a protein shake when I get a craving.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Reality Check . . .

Originally posted by bravo11p
    Does anyone know of any supps that help stop these insane sugar cravings . . . I am using slin but have been using it for about three weeks now and this started about 2 weeks ago.
    Okay, Bravo, you're one of the more intelligent guys on the board. So sit back and think for a second . . .

There are two great truths to life. Well, there are many more than two, but two will suffice here.

First, if you smoke weed, you'll get the munchies.

Second, if you do slin, your body will crave sugar.

Pure and simple, it's cause and effect. If you don't like the effect, change the cause. (All together now, "Duhhhhh . . . ")

Both the problem and the solution are obvious: You're doing slin, which is making you metabolize the sugar you're already taking in. Now your body wants to metabolize more sugar. So instead of dropping more sugar into your system, just cut (or even cut out) the insulin .

You did not mention any specifics other than the basic use of slin for three weeks. After that first week, did you change the dosage at all? (Don't answer - it's a rhetorical question.) Even if you did not, it can take time for your body to adjust to a new routine, and it's perfectly concistent to have sugar cravings a week after you started doing slin.

I assume that you have no medical reason for doing slin (like diabetes - if you do, then you should be addressing this with your endocrinologist). But there can be an interaction between the use of slin and other medical conditions as well. And even if you are not diabetic, you could become one prematurely if you have any predisposition to it (such as family history).

I'll be honest with you, bro - I never saw the use of doing slin as part of an AS cycle. And I know lots of diabetics that wish they never had to shoot the shit at all. But for them, it's a medical necessity. For someone who is not into competitive BB (and even they use slin in a limited manner), I don't see the rationale in it. But if you are determined to use it and then find you're having side effects - such as bigtime sugar cravings - then I'd say your body is trying to tell you something. Listen to your body.
    Last edited by TNT; 02-03-2002 at 05:53 AM.

Thread Information