OT8268 is offline Associate Member

Loading creatine

How important is it to load creatine?
    Will I Get the same results if I don't?

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I don't think its important as long as you are taking the maintenance doses on a regular schedule. Of course, other people are going to disagree with me.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Not me Excess I think loading is a load of old tosh take your 5g a day and leave it at that.Drink more fluid as well when on creatine

HalOd03 is offline Associate Member
    i agree, i never load it when i stop and start again.....its all BS, IMO...and ive seen alot of studies in all the mags that prove that there is no need for the loading period...

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    From what i heard when you load up almost 80% of the creatine is wasted the body cant absorb that much .

NightOp is offline Member
    ok, this is sort of off topic from the subject of this thread, but i didn't want to start a new thread just for this>

I've been told that creatine bonds easily to food when you take it within + or - a 1/2 hour of eating (this means that very little is actually goin to be absorbed)... well I eat a pre-workout meal (mostly simple carbs to give me energy) about an hour before working out... so what is the solution? is this true? when do you take your creatine pre workout ? i really need my preworkout meal but im afraid of it hurting my creatine absorbtion...

gymnut4u is offline Member
    Here a report i read about problems with caffeine and creatine,hope it helps bros--
    Physical Education and Physiotherapy, Department of Kinesiology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium.

This study aimed to compare the effects of oral creatine (Cr) supplementation with creatine supplementation in combination with caffeine (Cr+C) on muscle phosphocreatine (PCr) level and performance in healthy male volunteers (n = 9). Before and after 6 days of placebo, Cr (0.5 g x kg-1 x day-1), or Cr (0.5 g x kg-1 x day-1) + C (5 mg x kg-1 x day-1) supplementation, 31P-nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy of the gastrocnemius muscle and a maximal intermittent exercise fatigue test of the knee extensors on an isokinetic dynamometer were performed. The exercise consisted of three consecutive maximal isometric contractions and three interval series of 90, 80, and 50 maximal voluntary contractions performed with a rest interval of 2 min between the series. Muscle ATP concentration remained constant over the three experimental conditions. Cr and Cr+C increased (P < 0.05) muscle PCr concentration by 4-6%. Dynamic torque production, however, was increased by 10-23% (P < 0.05) by Cr but was not changed by Cr+C. Torque improvement during Cr was most prominent immediately after the 2-min rest between the exercise bouts. The data show that Cr supplementation elevates muscle PCr concentration and markedly improves performance during intense intermittent exercise. This ergogenic effect, however, is completely eliminated by caffeine intake.

Hey night op here is a artical for you on your ?just trying to give back to the site bro.
    CREATINE MONOHYDRATE

How Do I Use Creatine Monohydrate?

Below is a Creatine dose table which will precisely
    indicate how much may be needed depending
    on your weight and training intensity.

LOADING DOSAGE:

Body Weight
    Range/Day*

Below 155 lbs. 12-16 grams
    156 to 175 lbs 13-17 grams
    176 to 199 lbs. 14-18 grams
    200 to 225 lbs. 15-19 grams
    Above 225 lbs. 16-20 grams

MAINTENANCE DOSAGE:

Body Weight Range/Day*
    Below 155 lbs. 4-8 grams
    156 to 175 lbs 5-9 grams
    176 to 199 lbs. 6-10 grams
    200 to 225 lbs. 7-11 grams
    Above 225 lbs. 8 - 12 grams

LOADING & MAINTENANCE:

500 Grams Will Last:

Low Range*
    High Range*

55 days
    37 days

111 days
    55 days

89 days
    49 days

74 days
    44 days

63 days
    40 days

*Low range represents 1 hour training, 2 to 3 times per week at a low level of intensity.

*Mid range is 1 - 1-1/2 hours training 3 to 4 times per week at a medium level of intensity.

*High range is 2 hours training 5 to 6 times per week at a high level of intensity.

Reference Adapted from : Creatine: Nature’s Muscle Builder by Ray Sahelian, MD p. 49

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Creatine Monohydrate does not need to be 'cycled'. Cycling is a period of time where an athlete stops taking the supplement for short period and then resumes its use. It was used by steroid users to allow the body to recuperate from any stress or damage to the body. Creatine is not harmful to the body and does not need to be cycled. The function of creatine is to provide the body with energy reserves -- if cycled off, the reserve will require reloading again for 5 days. Please note that some athletes who cycled creatine experienced little extra energy. Some articles and books about creatine suggested cycling, but there is no definite agreement about this issue.

You will not lose muscle by discontinuing creatine supplementation, however, you will experience a decrease in strength.

* Creatine is very effective for vegetarians as they do not get as much creatine in their diet as meat-eaters do.

* Many researches show that taking creatine along with carbohydrate increase the effect of creatine due to insulin release stimulated by the simple sugars which likely play an effective part in transporting creatine into muscle cells.

I still think liquad is not the best way to go ,up to you tho !
    Last edited by gymnut4u; 02-16-2002 at 09:22 PM.

ok, thnx.. lots of good info,, but do you know anything about the bonding of creatine to food (which was my actual question.. sorry if i wasnt' clear on that..) but thnx again

read the last * in my post at the bottom ,bro, insulin increase = more in the muscels !

my bad, i dont know how i missed that part... duhh, sorry

thnx again

np good luck bro !!!!!!! I do it all the time ! KNOWLAGE IS POWER!!!!!

weightsbeforedates is offline Junior Member
    bump to the top on the creatine loading question. Not necessary to load, just consume your 5 to 10g a day. Loading basically consists of you standing over the toilet and watching your money being flushed away.

okay guys, bout to actually start creatine for the first time. Tell me how this sounds>

1 hour before workout and 10 minutes after workout.

5 grams Creatine Monohydrate
    50 grams dextrose
    400 mg ALA
    5 grams Glutamine Peptides
    30 grams whey protein

how does this look? also> post workout I will be taking this and a crapload of complex carbs cuz I eat dinner about 15 mins after I workout.... the main point for this is to basically use the ALA and dextrose as a home-made creatine transport... anyone?
    Last edited by NightOp; 03-25-2002 at 01:11 PM.

Uconish is offline Member
    ive heard if you load youll probably pee out at least half of it, cause your body can absorb so much at one time

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Never have loaded, just ate the stuff on a regular basis.
    IC

bump for my last questions

FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    whenever I don't load I don't notice a difference. but if I load I notice it start to kick in after about 3 days. just gotta space it out. that's what works for me. JMO

LittleMeth is offline Junior Member
    I wouldn't load my creatine. It wouldn't make a noticable difference and it is a waste of precious supplement. Stick to normal does.

bump for my last question

Thread Information