nj_
    nj_ is offline Senior Member

Anyone have any experience with Creatine Serum?

I came across this creatine serum the other day and I've spoken to a friend who works at GNC about it.. but I haven't met anyone whos actually taken it. I was curious to know if this stuff actually lives up to its claims? I intend to start a creatine cycle soon, just trying to decide which form of it and brand is the best to use.

Their site is http://www.creatine.ca/languages/creatine_english.shtml and the company that manufactures it is Muscle Marketing USA

tie
    tie is offline Junior Member
    Hey NJ

I've come across a couple of posts on this site dicussing the merits, or lack thereof for Creatine Serum. The manufacturers suggest it negates the need for loading, is more stable and more effective etc. etc. You might want to do a search to get more info. The general consensus is that the serums a bit of a rip off.

I've always used the powdered Creatine Monohydrate . I did the loading thing myself, but in hindsight, I reckon it's not vital. The stability issue isn't critical either - unless you're planning to consume creatine a long time after mixing it up.

So, if it's value for money you're after, I'd stick with the powder.

Tie

llbeastcd is offline Associate Member
    LI, NY... where it seems like everyone is on gear.
    Everyone I have ever talked to that had taken it said it sucked.

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    Yep the stuff sucks i took a shot at the stuff in the red bottle and it did nothing for me . Regular powder works . That stuff claims it wont dehydrate you Well creatine does that too you period thats how it works. so obviously its crap .
    Last edited by RageControl; 02-06-2002 at 09:07 PM.

xenithon is offline Member
    just a little insight for you: creatine serum CANNOT exist. the stuff creatine is simply 3 amino acids bonded together (cant remember their names offhand). it does not exist in liquid form (non stable compound). its like someone tryna sell mercury pellets @ room temperature

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    Hey you're taking the flavored water. That stuff is an expensive water man. It does not work at all.

Lardyass is offline Junior Member

Angry

I used it myself and had no results from it at all!

But 3 of my training partners also used it and all made some weight gains and claimed it works.

Maybe they would have made those gains anyway?

Who knows, try it, if it doesn't work, then don't use it.

nj_
    nj_ is offline Senior Member
    lardyass, how much weight/strength gains did they make and how long did they take the serum for?

Triple Plates is offline Associate Member
    Its crap bro, I have used it once and never will again

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    But 3 of my training partners also used it and all made some weight gains and claimed it works.

Now how do they know it was the serum that did it ? Only way i believe somethin works is if it alone helps you get over a plateau or soemthin like that .Listen to the bros it dont work save you some cash.
    Last edited by RageControl; 02-07-2002 at 08:10 PM.

Triple Plates is offline Associate Member
    Check this article out, posted earlier by physio_sport about creatine serum
    http://www.ast-ss.com/articles/creat...um_5-22-00.htm

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Creatine serum sucks!!!

Lardyass is offline Junior Member
    maybe they would have made those gains anyway?

lil_josh is offline Junior Member
    I did not get jack shit from the serum, I think powder works fine

jammergsxr is offline Member

I dont know

Ive used serum and noticed my temp. shot up as I worked out,Now it says hold 5 dropper fulls under your tongue but it doesnt say for how long.I just bought some GNC mega creatine and the shit makes me sick,I missed 2 workouts because I thought I was gonna hurl!So now I just take amino acids,whey protien,and THE BEAST hormone spray.

MainEvent28 is offline New Member
    my buddy used the serum once, he probably thought that it wasnt bad only because it was new and wasnt the powder and by puttin it under your tounge its supposed to SHOOT into your system.....bullshit. he didnt use it that long and ended up goin back to powder. my recommendation is to try muscle techs cell tech creatine. it works like a charm for me. theres a lot of good ones out there as well. also, welcome to the board. just a a word in advance---youre gonna get addicted to this place and find yourself here quite a few times in the day ha ha. take it easy

the name of who makes this stuff says it all. Muscle Marketing USA. its just the next bullshit fad in taking creatine.
    taking good quality creatine with dextrose is supposedly the way to go. I found this somewhere on this site i think maybe it will help :

One of the most respected researchers into the use of creatine monohydrate supplementation is Dr. Michael Colgan. The following dosages are suggested:

Loading phase - Day 1 take 30 grams per day divided into six servings of five grams.
    Day 2 - Day 7 take 15 grams divided into three servings of five grams with dextrose (increase to 20 grams per day if bodyweight over 90kg).
    Maintenance phase - Day 8 onwards take a daily dose of five grams per day. The suggested cycle is 6-8 weeks on with 4-6 weeks off before beginning the cycle again.

Important Points To Remember:
    Creatine monohydrate (creatine) should not be taken with fruit juices, as these can neutralise the activity of creatine turning it into the waste product known as creatinine. It is far better to dissolve creatine in water and take with dextrose or glucose, which helps provide an "insulin -spike" to aid in the absorbtion of the creatine. Consuming caffeine and creatine may be disadvantageous, as creatine has a water retaining action while caffeine has the opposite effect. One may negate the other, or certainly taking caffeine with creatine may reduce the benefit of your creatine supplementation programme.
    It is essential that you drink adequate water (at least 8 glasses a day) while supplementing with creatine, to avoid dehydration and to allow the kidneys to process waste products properly. While there is little no evidence to suggest that damage is done to the kidneys at recommended dosages, there is some anectdotal evidence that damage may occur at very high levels of use for prolonged periods of time.

flawless706 is offline New Member
    I know 5 people who used the serum...none had recognizable increases before or after doing a bottle of the stuff. Creatine Monohydrate powder is the best way to go, even if it tastes like sand.

jimmyboy is offline New Member
    Xenithon & Tennis_God are right!! creatine does not exist in liquid. (not stable in water man!~!)

weightsbeforedates is offline Junior Member
    creatine is definetly not stable in a liquid solution. Just like the hype produced over creatine gum HA HA! Anyway some supplements are better left alone.

xzoomzx is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by xenithon
    just a little insight for you: creatine serum CANNOT exist. the stuff creatine is simply 3 amino acids bonded together (cant remember their names offhand). it does not exist in liquid form (non stable compound). its like someone tryna sell mercury pellets @ room temperature
    he is 100000 percent correct ast brand did a lab test and muslemarketing had 1 percent of thier label claim they did it to 3 different flavors. complete trash its 99 percent crentaine or sumthing like that and its what creatine becomes afte ryou leave it liquid for too long (only take shours to happen) it can be harmful if have digestive problems..........if you dont belive me go to ast and check it out its ahuge article i got in in my ast magazine ill tyr to post it ......just trying to help out my friends =)

Thread Information