63190 is offline Anabolic Member

Arnolds work out?

Have y'all read the The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding by Arnold Schwarzenegger?
    It seems like a good book, but sometimes things he says cancel out what he's said later in it.
    It says if you use the basic training level work out, to stay on it for 3-5 years until you build up suffecient mass to go to the next level. But it also says else where to change it up every once in a while so that you continue to grow.
    It also says to go heavy on of the four major lifts once a month. So that would mean something like: First week go heavy chest on chest one day that week. Because you hit each muscle twice a week with two days rest in between.
    Second week go heavy squat
    Third week go heavy clean and press
    Fourth week heavy dead lift

OK, so if your supposed to change it up how often? A friend of mine says every 10-14 days another 10-14 weeks.
    Also, if you change it up, drastically like from all free wieghts to all machines, or just the order that you hit the muscles in, or what? Please help

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    haha,.. i have that book, i havent read it yet.. lazy.. i learn alot here though... i think some of the workout advice in that book may be outdated.. he says to work each muscle group like 3 times per week.. then again .. i never tried that cuz i only do one muslce per day

LM1332 Guest
    dont forget he was on roids. I did what he recommends in that book i gained a lot of streingth but no mass. When i switch the routine around but kept the principals i started to grow like hell heheh but then it all went down the drain :sad:

So as soon as you got off the cycle it all went away? What were you taking? I was going to do test enan/deca my first cycle.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    So as soon as you got off the cycle it all went away? What were you taking? I was going to do test enan/deca my first cycle.
    Start out with test only and add deca another time.

whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    and the thing you must remember....because it worked for arnold doesnt mean itll work for you.

jerseykid23 is offline Junior Member
    One of the first thing he writes is an advisory/cautionary warning. He says do not try the Advanced Training because its for people who have logged 10-15 years in the gym, likely are on some form of juice and are genetically enhanced. He says it will run you down and the average person can't keep up.

Jerseykid23, like your sig says "There is no substitute for hard work,"... The advanced workout sounds pretty hard. I want to try it but not for another year. I want to do a year of double split training. When I was on weight gainer and creatine, I got eight pounds out of Level I basic training routine. Hope to go to eating six times a day and gain 10-12 lbs on the Level II basic training routine in the next year. Then after that I'll go enan/deca and go to the advanced level training.

And the quote, LOL. I had a teacher who said that warning lables were created because some body stupid already got hurt using whatever in a way it was not designed for. Like stuff that says keep out of eyes and off skin, may 'cause irritation. You know somebody put it in thier eye or rubbed it in thier skin intentionally already.

jerseykid23 is offline Junior Member
    Haha 63190... That's good you got results out of the Level I. The Level I is deceptive-you'd think it'd actually be easier! Arnold gives you a pretty good workout even with the Level I principles. Only thing is, its slight over training, I think. If I remember right, isn't it only a 2 day split-6 days a week?

I'd advise you to stay on that Level I for a little while more... its pretty effective, especially if you are consuming 6 meals a day. I can't tell you the difference in gains I saw when I started eating 6-8 times a day as opposed to 3-4.

Haha--The quote, btw, is from T-mag.com. Good, no non sense website. Common sense is a virtue that's overlooked, and f-ing A man... not many people have it anymore.

Thread Information