TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member

long hours at job and still training.....

i just started back into construction and the pay is great and everything but after working outside in 80 degree weather doing labor for 10 hours im just exhausted when i get home. i really want to train but i have no energy at all. any of u guys got tough jobs and still manage to keep training? what do u guys do to not fall away from ur workout routine??

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Nope...sorry to hear bro...I know a guy that does this and gets off at 4pm takes a shower and sleeps for 1 hour...and then goes to tha gym...I would say that the key here is water for hydration...getting the water in ya is another problem in that type of job. Peace

LilVito469 is offline Banned
    yeah my buddy does construction and its been hot here in beantown. i have no idea how he manages to go to the gym right after work either.but he some how manages.

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Khull_Khuum
    i just started back into construction and the pay is great and everything but after working outside in 80 degree weather doing labor for 10 hours im just exhausted when i get home. i really want to train but i have no energy at all. any of u guys got tough jobs and still manage to keep training? what do u guys do to not fall away from ur workout routine??

all my jobs seem to end up that way, but when I did work construction, I had an hour ride home to relax some and then eat a big dinner and that was all the rest I needed, mainly just needed to get off my feet for some time. You get used to it after alittle while becomes routine.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I sit on my butt all day but it is hella stressful and been putting in around 60 hrs per week, and going to grad school half time at night. On the nights without school I pop a caffeine pill when I walk in the door, sit down for 30 minutes and go right to workout. If I waited any longer I wouldn't do it. I am off from school this summer and my workouts have already started to improve since I am not writing papers and presentations, or working on group projects during the weekend. good luck.

BigBoi83 is offline Associate Member

i feel you

im a roofer and this pat week was about 35 with the humidex. my best advice is to keep motivated and push ur self to the gym no matter what. ive been doing 14 hour days and i just gotta tell myself to go today for a better tommorrow. honestly after all the hard work uve done all day whats another hour and a half in the gym? ull lose a little sleep but hey come winter ull **** the dog all day long and wish u werent so bored

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    i've been working 45 hrs a week, and taking 18 credits in college, believe me i know how hard it can be. The hardest part for me isnt working out, it is eating all of the meals without my boss wanting to kill me for taking a break every 2 hrs

houseofpain is offline Banned
    i do concrete in the summers with my uncle, i play college football here in FL and that is def a full time job. in our offseason we have two a days for 3 hrs each and we usually run until we puke. training after practice sucks but its what you gotta do, i usually go and eat and rest for about 45 mins and hit the gym at about 10pm, it closes at 12 so i have time. when i work with my uncle i find it nearly impossible to train but you gotta do it. it gets into the 100's here. what time do you go to work in the mornings? i have a few friends that train at 5am and then go to work, sucks betting up that early but hey its better than missing the gym b/c your too tired.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I agree with houseofpain, you're gonna be the least tired right when you get up, so thats probably the best time to do it. If you still gotta workout after work, i would take a big knap, at least 60min, set your alarm, and hopefully you'll be rdy.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Is it possible to workout before you go to work?
    Last edited by Carlos_E; 05-09-2004 at 01:50 PM.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Why does it say Carlos E edited my post!

AdamK is offline New Member
    [QUOTE]
    I feel your pain bro, I used to be a garbage man, I would pick up anywhere between 500 to 1000 cans a day, serious manual labor, pouring rain, windy, snow, 100 degrees, I was out running the gauntlet. On top of that I was going to school full time, and on top of that I was going to a fire academy on the weekends...........ya not a lot of free time. Most of the time I was beat after work and the last thing I wanted to do was pick anything up that weighed over 12oz.........but instead of going to the bar with my co-workers, I took the hard road. I did manage to get a 30 to 45 min nap when I got home....this did wonders, it did give me the energy to make it to the gym and crank out a decent work out, I was probably on the verge of overtraining, but I was in fantastic shape. I remember reading about the old bodybuilders in the 40's and 50's, when they were considered wacko's, these guys were tough as nails though, they would work in the boiling hot foundries for 12hrs a day and still manage to work out for two hours, that is determination. Just stay hydrated, try to keep your cal intake up, try to get plenty of sleep, and try to get a half hour or 45 min nap when you get home.

Thread Information