PSeudo_albino is offline New Member

Achieving upper body "thickness"

hi all. Well I currently I am 6'5 235ish. I have read tons and tons of stuff on lifting and I have a great routine. I bench 295 for my sets so I am not that weak. my problem is that from a side view it looks like I have no mass. The front view I look big but I have no side thickness. If anyone has had this problem or some ideas that could help me get a bit thicker that would be great. Thanks.

KBZ
    KBZ is offline Associate Member
    yeah anybody got some tips for thickness, especially in the chest? My chest isn't thick at all in my opinion, and it's actually probably my strongest area..... I don't get it.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Are you rotating in dumbbells? They will help you reach a full range of motion up and down where you can't go with a barbell. Plus they will hit fibers you will not hit with the barbell. At 235 I would think your chest would be full. Do some decline pushups with pushup bars off the second stair and go deep as a warm up.

Also pec flys with dumbbells are great to stretch things out and tear them down. I think the shape and thickness like most other things are mostly a factor of genetics.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    I would say you should use only dumbells, and you should do flat bench, incline press and decline.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    if you look thin side, then you gotta work the chest more. stick to inclines and declines, theyl blow your chest up if done properly

PSeudo_albino is offline New Member
    well I do all that. i can bench over 300lbs!! It is just annoying cause I would figure by this time I would have a fuller chest. I guess genetics has a bit of a roll, but I will keep poundeing out the wiegh and I will see what happens over the summer. Thanks though

whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    are you talking about chest or whole upper body, i would just say deadlift for a thick ass back, and your chest will come along

MDtS is offline New Member
    Yes work on your back thickness it will bring thing up to par.

Thread Information