HardcoreGymWARRIOR04 is offline Junior Member

What do you do on a bad day

So on a bad day when the weights arent goin your way, what do you do. IF you find your self dramatically weaker than normal what do you do.
    Do you drop the weight and fight through it or do you just call it quits for the day thinking you will do more harm than good by fighting through it?

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

me personally

if i am mentally drained hours b4 my training i try to use imagery to let me know how the weights are gonna feel, what i am going to do for each movement, and how i will feel b4-during-after.if my mind says no to all that, i go at it and play it by ear.if after warmups and the first or second working set i'm fried mentally i cool it for the day.
    physically shot then i will just take the day off.can't burn the candle at both ends and expect to make gains.
    just what i do.others are probably gonna be different, but you have to know yourself and what you can or can't do with how much fuel you have in the tank.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    right on. take the day off. say **** it. go smoke a blunt. go have some of that stuff called sex. try again tomorrow

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    If it's a tired body giving you problems just drop weight. If it hurts, stop and go home. If it's your mind, it's mind over matter. I had a fight with an ex-girlfriend in my gym once, it wasn't much of scene... just verbal, she started to tear up and walked away quickly, head down. That killed it for me that day.

LM1332 Guest
    yea man what 63190 said except that if you find yourself weaker then usual just go home and relax

Johnny Boy is offline Associate Member
    I try taking some ECA, that helps bump up my intensity if I am not into it mentally. If I am just having a crap day at the gym, I usually try and grind through but will most likely drop the weights a little.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    definately take the day off, you dont want to hurt yourself, plus i always believe in listening to your body, if you are that tired there is a reason for it, either eating problem, sleeping problem, or over worked.

jerseykid23 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    right on. take the day off. say **** it. go smoke a blunt. go have some of that stuff called sex. try again tomorrow
    haha true that, funny stuff

HardcoreGymWARRIOR04 is offline Junior Member
    Ya, i have a descently physical job. I guess what i learned, for me personally, chest and delt workouts have to be done the day after a day off, i just have to accept that. Another thing i have accept is that every day cant be " the perfect day" in the gym but i strive to make it that. But i think, if i am weak for some reason that day, their is a reason for it and i believe lifting should be done only when i can perform at 110%.

houseofpain is offline Banned
    go home and relax, eat, and go to sleep.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by HardcoreGymWARRIOR04
    So on a bad day when the weights arent goin your way, what do you do. IF you find your self dramatically weaker than normal what do you do.
    Do you drop the weight and fight through it or do you just call it quits for the day thinking you will do more harm than good by fighting through it?

we all have bad days once in awhile. i ususally just suck it up and stop altogether. youl live again to fight again anothet day thats whats important

Beat is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    now i know why you´re a VET
    i aggree, drop the weights and do something else ONLY if u have this in mind: "next time this wount happen, i will rest and eat so ia have the energy"
    if u have all that and still dont feel like training just listen to your body

Thread Information