clubbinkid is offline Associate Member

Pot & Cigarette Smoking on the body

I wasnt sure were to put this question so the workout forum to me made sense

My freind just started to get serious with me in the gym workin out real hard and in a month im seeing great progress.........my friend got a lean build and has potentailly to put on great deal of lean mass too look like a freak...now here is my question he smokes cigaretes and ocassionaly some pot how will these chemicals affective his progress to becoming bigger leaner and stornger all around

thanx

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    It won't help, thats for sure. The only thing i can think of is that it will hurt his endurance and maybe even upset his ability to get sufficient oxygen to his muscles when they are worked. Although the pot will probably increase his appetite, but its in his best interest to eat clean when getting the munchies, not crap.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Nicotine can increase metabolism and curb the appetite. That's why a lot of people gain weight when they quit smoking. In no way am I condoning smoking. It's gross.

A couple of years ago I heard of several dudes wearing the nicotine patch or chewing nicorette for this purpose. I've never heard if they were successful. ANyone here ever hear of this?

BigBoi83 is offline Associate Member
    i actually saw someone post recommending someone to use nicotine patches or gum to supress appetite and said that it had worked for him in the past

whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    ..........appetite suppressant, and whats the point of smoking if you want to look good, its like an oxymoron

nsa
    I personally think that smoking pot is alot better for a bb'er than smoking cigarettes. Pot will increase your appetite compared to cigs suppressing it. Either way both are not good for you health wise.

Mu'min is offline Associate Member
    I have heard that nicotine supresses protein sythesis. Anyone else heard this?

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    I personally think that smoking pot is alot better for a bb'er than smoking cigarettes. Pot will increase your appetite compared to cigs suppressing it. Either way both are not good for you health wise.

i use to smoke pot but not anymore. im prone to extreme paranoia. hey dint they say pot can actually contribute to gyno? ever hear of this baloney?
    Last edited by Ryan34465; 05-11-2004 at 09:43 AM.

houseofpain is offline Banned
    stop, its gross and your going to die of cancer

houseofpain is offline Banned
    stop, its gross and your going to die of cancer

nsa
    I have never heard that smoking pot can worsen gyno, i can't think of any medical reason why it woudl either.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    I have never heard that smoking pot can worsen gyno, i can't think of any medical reason why it woudl either.
    i read an article a long long time ago in some health journal that smoking pot can give you man boobs because of its ability to promote estrogen blah blah blah. i have also heard some people say this. no proof though, maybe just propaganda against the friendly weed
    Last edited by Spoon; 05-19-2004 at 08:08 AM.

clubbinkid is offline Associate Member
    i've heard that 2 if anyone can fIND AN ARTICLE POST....Thanx.....pot and cigs all and all 2me are just pointless

GQSuperman is offline Banned

can promote estrogen level increase

pot can increase estrogen levels. why is this hard to believe? people accept the fact that soy increases your estrogen levels (although the amount of phytoestrogens in soy are small. you need to ingest large amounts to have any noticeable effect).

so, smoke enough pot and you can get the same effect.

GQSuperman is offline Banned

here

Marijuana has been linked to premature births and birth defects. Woman should not use marijuana during pregnancy because the drug can create problems for the unborn fetus. When scientists (Cohn, 1986) exposed mice to marijuana smoke (3 minutes each day for 10 days), they found 1 in 5 babies had birth defects. They also found 75% of the mice had damaged or dead eggs. Marijuana can block blood vessels and, because of its depressant effects, can cause impotence and decreased sperm count in men. Because marijuana acts like estrogen, the female hormone, heavy marijuana use can cause men to get enlarged breasts.

as with any study, other have also shown no effect. so, people who are "pro-pot" accept these studies. however, several studies have shown estrogenic effects and there is no disputing that marijuana binds to the estrogen receptor. so, not only is smoking itself bad (increasing DNA damage and possibly leading to birth defects if it damages sperm or egg DNA) but smoking marijuana can possibly increase estrogen levels, leading to gyno. just this possibility should be a deterant and the fact that it destroys your lungs should reinforce this fact.

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Smoking cigarettes=Bad, smoking pot=it does have its beniffets but dont smoke too much.

nsa
    Smoking cigarettes=Bad, smoking pot=it does have its beniffets but dont smoke too much.
    Very true.

Thread Information