josh8416 is offline Associate Member

Going On Trip, Help Me With Workout!

aight guys i will be going out of town for 9 days. what kind of stuff can i do in a hotel so i can still workout. i know push ups for chest and sit ups. but what can i do for arms? this sucks cuase it will be my 4th week on test250 and i really wont be able to workout in a gym for 9 days. please help me with some workouts to do while im gone...thanks alot

Bcrown1 is offline Associate Member
    Try and get a reservation at a hotel with a fitness center.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    You aren't flying right?

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    if you curl one arm (like a concentration curl) and resist it by pushing with the other arm it will work them both at the same time, ive tried it when i was younger and i was punished (father would take away weights lol)

na im flying, and i think i might be staying in a hotel with fitness center, but was told thats for cardio stuff, im trying to gain alot of wieght. i wanted to maybe stick some wieght in my luggage bag, but u think they would let me through the thing with it???? thats my only concern.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    I don't think they are going to let you through with steroids and needles... Those will show up for sure in a metal detector.

ya im not taking my stuff with me. im just courious on how i can still workout without any weights!!!!!

pspcs83 is offline Junior Member
    what about using the stuff in the hotel room as weights? if you can get an iron it could be used to do curls. i know it's not a high weight, but anything is better than nothing.

alphamedic is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pspcs83
    what about using the stuff in the hotel room as weights? if you can get an iron it could be used to do curls. i know it's not a high weight, but anything is better than nothing.
    good idea....When I was young, I would stand inside a doorway, and push with my hands real hard for as long as i could.....arms were sore after doing that a few times.....u might be able to do pullups on something at the motel, ledge, or whatever u can find....I would put my feet on a table and do pushups like that for more resistance. maybe the town you are staying in might have a gym that you could explain your dilema, and maybe they will work out a deal with you for a low cost day rate or something....actually, that would be my first option....Hope that helps ya a little, bro...alphamedic

betatest is offline Associate Member
    chest:

pushups work great as mentioned above - feet raised higher than torso, level with torso, and lower than torso; bed presses, basically like floor presses with a bar, except lifting up the edge of a bed. put phone books or something underneath the corner posts to lift the bed enough to get under it, kinda like safety bars.

tris:

dips on a couple of tall chairs, counter tops, and tables - or do dips on chairs with feet propped up on a bed ; seated or standing tri extensions with a chair; wall presses; pushups with hands close to each other; lying tri extensions pushing up the edge of a bed if it's not too heavy.

bis:

alternating bi curls with chairs; alternating hammer curls with chairs; brace hand on a wall, lean forward a bit and do concentration curls with a chair; pick up the edge of a bed, lean forward a bit and curl it.

shoulders:

shoulder presses with chairs; lateral raises with chairs; bent over laterals with chairs; again assuming they aren't too heavy.

legs:

bodyweight squats for as many reps as you can; bodyweight lunges; wall squats if you can find a smooth surface; kneel on the floor, brace feet under something ( bed if it's heavy enough ) and lift yourself up using hamstrings only.

back:

buy one of those portable chin up bars that hook up on doorways; if there are any surfaces you can hang from which supports your weight do pull ups on that, either with feet hanging or propped up on an elevated surface.

can't think of much else offhand. if you have two matching suitcases with handles, fill em up with stuff and use those instead of chairs. i know a lot of these sound kind of out there, but they worked well enough for me in the past whenever I couldn't get to a gym.

alphamedic is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by betatest
    chest:

pushups work great as mentioned above - feet raised higher than torso, level with torso, and lower than torso; bed presses, basically like floor presses with a bar, except lifting up the edge of a bed. put phone books or something underneath the corner posts to lift the bed enough to get under it, kinda like safety bars.

tris:

dips on a couple of tall chairs, counter tops, and tables - or do dips on chairs with feet propped up on a bed ; seated or standing tri extensions with a chair; wall presses; pushups with hands close to each other; lying tri extensions pushing up the edge of a bed if it's not too heavy.

bis:

alternating bi curls with chairs; alternating hammer curls with chairs; brace hand on a wall, lean forward a bit and do concentration curls with a chair; pick up the edge of a bed, lean forward a bit and curl it.

shoulders:

shoulder presses with chairs; lateral raises with chairs; bent over laterals with chairs; again assuming they aren't too heavy.

legs:

bodyweight squats for as many reps as you can; bodyweight lunges; wall squats if you can find a smooth surface; kneel on the floor, brace feet under something ( bed if it's heavy enough ) and lift yourself up using hamstrings only.

back:

buy one of those portable chin up bars that hook up on doorways; if there are any surfaces you can hang from which supports your weight do pull ups on that, either with feet hanging or propped up on an elevated surface.

can't think of much else offhand. if you have two matching suitcases with handles, fill em up with stuff and use those instead of chairs. i know a lot of these sound kind of out there, but they worked well enough for me in the past whenever I couldn't get to a gym.
    good one....

betatest is offline Associate Member
    one-legged squat with alternate foot resting behind you on a bed works well too.

znak is offline Senior Member
    josh- not to worry my friend, i am on travel about 100 days a year. Check the gym when you get to the hotel. You may get lucky.

Beta put together a good list to which I would add.

I use my suitcase as a dumbbell and add the phonebook and stuff from the room to add weight for curls and tri extensions. I also plan my work outs around my travel time. meaning, I may do my chest or back day out of order to get it done in the gym. You can do a kILLER arm workout in a hotel room. Close grip push up with legs on window sill, dips with suitcase on lap, triceps extensions with suitcase (my computer bag and presentations weigh 40 lbs.) Push ups (with pause/stretch at the bottom) between two chairs and feet on bed...

Or use the yellow pages. Unless you are travelling to Tadzhikistan, there are gyms everywhere. Single day pass cost $10. Better and cheaper than beer!

Thread Information