iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator

i need info on how to...........

i guess i'll get the crap flamed out of me for this, but here goes anyways..........

i do all the normal routine back exercises on a regular basis, rows , chins , pulldowns, etc. i try to mix it up pretty well.
    my problem is, i just started deadlifting not too awful long ago, and i want to make sure im doing it correctly and my form is what it should be. if i could get some pointers on technique i would be very appreciative. not going super heavy yet, as i ve just gotten started but i will get it up there eventually.

peace bb79

i just read bexomes thread on the deadlift, and it helped some, but i need pointers on proper lifting technique. want to make sure im doin it right ...................

peace bb79

Ironweb is offline Member

From Arny himself

Here you go bro this is right out of Arnold Schwarzenegger The new encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding.

Deadlifts

Execution:

1. Place a barbell on the floor in front of you. Bend your knees, lean forward, and grasp the bar in a medium-wide grip, one hand in an overhand grip, the other in an underhand grip. Keep your back fairly straight to protect it from strain.

2. Begin the lift by driving with the legs. Straighten up until you are standing upright, then throw the chest out and shoulders back as if coming to attention. To lower the weight, bend the knees, lean forward from the waist, and touch the weight to the floor before beginning your next repetition.

Don't think it gets much better than from the king. Hope this helps

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Re: From Arny himself

Originally posted by Ironweb
    Here you go bro this is right out of Arnold Schwarzenegger The new encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding.
    Barbells 79,
    Ironweb is dead on here. This is probaly one of the better books ever put out in print and WELL worth the 25 or so dalolors that you will shell out at the cash register. You local book store should carry it. Check it out.
    IC

thanks to both of you ...............this was exactly what i was looking for. i will look for the encyclopaedia at my local book store.

once again, thanks for the help.........off to try my hand at the deads............

peace bb79

Thread Information