CanadianSteel is offline Associate Member

Arms! Wont Grow Help!!!!

hey guys im on a cycle of dbol /test several weeks in

every other muscle on my body is growing like a weed, except for my biceps, they aren't going anywhere. my usual bicep routine consists of

barbell curls 8 reps
    barbell curls 4-6 reps
    barbell curls 4-5 reps

then maybe two sets of ezbar curls

and 2 sets of hammer curls for about 6-8 reps

ive tried soo many variations of techniques and nothing!!, plz somone help me out!

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    How heavy are you going??? Super sets??? Negatives???

CanadianSteel is offline Associate Member
    I go heavy bro, so im like failure when im doing my reps

barbell curls 8 reps
    barbell curls 4-6 reps
    barbell curls 4-5 reps

then maybe two sets of ezbar curls

and 2 sets of hammer curls for about 6-8 reps

im about at failure for each one of the sets, and my form is good man, they buggers just wont grow!

I was unable to get my arms above 19.5 for a while. This is what I did. To make your arm's grow you must first visualize what you want them to look like. Cut rest time between sets to no more than 20 to 30 seconds. This is a twenty minute workout that will leave your arms barking when done. First warm up with sitting alternate curls...hold when coming up for three seconds...do 12 to 15 with easy to medium weight. Immedietly go to standing barbelle curls. This is also a light to medium warm up set...10 to 12 with a three second negative(if you cannot do a 3 second negative it is to heavy)...go to preacher curls and do tha same thing...only difference is when you get to preacher curls...this should be loaded down with weight...5 reps max...drop 20 lbs...and do 8 reps...drop 20 lbs more and do 10 to twelve. Now keep in mind that I only rest 20 to 30 seconds in between sets...so at this point you should be breathing pretty heavily...after super setting...go to concentrated reverse grip barbell with a 3 second negative...for time purposes I just use the preacher curl bar for this with light to medium weight....then go to dumbell hammer curls with a 2 second pause at the top 10 to 12 reps...repeat all three times for three sets getting heavier each time with less reps....now for Jdog's secret mass builder...last but not least to build the peak of all peaks...go to the preacher curl and turn the pad around so that the flat part is facing away from you...this is what I do... I grab a 70, 50, 30...With arm going straight all the way down....I do 6 reps with 70 holding for 2 seconds at the top...I do 50 for 8...and then 30 for 10 to 12....then switch arms and repeat...I only do 2 sets here as by the time I'm done I want to throw up...measure your arms and in three weeks let me know how you are doing...this should put a half inch in that period of time...remember that when you get to a certain point in your genetic peak...you must take drastic measures to rise above and conquer your objective. Peace

whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    great advide jbigdog, im going to have to incorporate some of those techniques into my arm workout

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    i've been having the same problem. I also think rest time plays an important role. I take about a minute in between big muscle groups and about 30 sec with small ones now and it works great. also i noticed that since i started training triceps harder my bicepts look bigger.

My problem is my biceps dont look that full. they have a peak but no width. anyone have any exercises for that?

This is where the repeated negatives come in.

Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    i've been having the same problem. I also think rest time plays an important role. I take about a minute in between big muscle groups and about 30 sec with small ones now and it works great. also i noticed that since i started training triceps harder my bicepts look bigger.

My problem is my biceps dont look that full. they have a peak but no width. anyone have any exercises for that?
    Guy's when I say hold at the top...what I mean his hold and squeeze like a pose flex....Squeeze tha biatch until it is full of blood...this is how arnold was able to get his massive arms...exert the fibers with blood...and then again...and then again....Peace

allsaucedup is offline Member
    precher curls and assisted bar bell curls heavy

i was doing the assisted curls with up to 170 lbs. those things hurt like a motha but they are effective you need a spotter though

decadbal is offline Banned
    bro, you just put up Bis, what about Tris.. gotta hit me hard, they will make your arms bro... and watch out for over trainin with bis...less is better...

alphamedic is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbigdog69
    I was unable to get my arms above 19.5 for a while. This is what I did. To make your arm's grow you must first visualize what you want them to look like. Cut rest time between sets to no more than 20 to 30 seconds. This is a twenty minute workout that will leave your arms barking when done. First warm up with sitting alternate curls...hold when coming up for three seconds...do 12 to 15 with easy to medium weight. Immedietly go to standing barbelle curls. This is also a light to medium warm up set...10 to 12 with a three second negative(if you cannot do a 3 second negative it is to heavy)...go to preacher curls and do tha same thing...only difference is when you get to preacher curls...this should be loaded down with weight...5 reps max...drop 20 lbs...and do 8 reps...drop 20 lbs more and do 10 to twelve. Now keep in mind that I only rest 20 to 30 seconds in between sets...so at this point you should be breathing pretty heavily...after super setting...go to concentrated reverse grip barbell with a 3 second negative...for time purposes I just use the preacher curl bar for this with light to medium weight....then go to dumbell hammer curls with a 2 second pause at the top 10 to 12 reps...repeat all three times for three sets getting heavier each time with less reps....now for Jdog's secret mass builder...last but not least to build the peak of all peaks...go to the preacher curl and turn the pad around so that the flat part is facing away from you...this is what I do... I grab a 70, 50, 30...With arm going straight all the way down....I do 6 reps with 70 holding for 2 seconds at the top...I do 50 for 8...and then 30 for 10 to 12....then switch arms and repeat...I only do 2 sets here as by the time I'm done I want to throw up...measure your arms and in three weeks let me know how you are doing...this should put a half inch in that period of time...remember that when you get to a certain point in your genetic peak...you must take drastic measures to rise above and conquer your objective. Peace
    Awsome post bro!!..Thanks for taking the time to type all of that....you are going to help me as well ...My arms grow like a mofo...18inches now......started a couple of months ago at 171/4.....I will use your method...(sorry to highjack the thread for a second...)

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diablo27185
    When i did my first cycle they got a lil bigger but then i developed a lil stretch mark on both biceps and that really ****in pissed me off.
    Oh man, my arms got really big when I was in high school, and I got some sick strech marks all up an down the inside of the biceps on both arms. They arent growing at all for me. Ive changed my workout up several times. Different sets, weights, etc.

I think i need to re-work my entire workout for that matter. Only thing lately that feels like its getting bigger is my back. The rest of the muscles seem to be getting stronger, just not bigger.

tod682 is offline Associate Member

drain urself

bro try the machines in ur gyme try the pulleys if u can do some curl ups work more with dumb bells do it till u have muscle failure meaning ur lifting about 45 pounds or less and not able to finsih ur set

Thread Information