Thread: Pecs

Methuselah is offline Member

Pecs

No matter what I do, I just can't hit my pecs hard enough. They're growing, ever so slowly. I can't isolate them and work them to the point of exhaustion or soreness.

Does anyone have recommendations on some exercises or variations of exercises?

Iron Ghost is offline New Member
    I don't know if this is a coincidence or not but I used to do the body building style (high reps, going for pump) of lifting and hit my mass plateau. I switched back over to powerlifting routines (low rep, heavy weight, rest between sets) and i have shot back up in growth. Just an idea.

Fif the Great is offline Associate Member
    Key point: Hit the heavy weights at least 6-10 repitions. Less than 6, more strength, less mass. More than 10, more endurance, less strength, less mass. So try using weights that get in that repition range. Even if you burn out at 4 or 5, get your spotter to help you and get to 6. That's your magic number of reps for pecs.

Fif the Great is offline Associate Member
    One more thing, to feel a good burn, use a lighter weight on bench press and don't lock your arms when you get it all the way up. Instead, get it right to the point where you are about to lock your arms and then go back down. You will feel the burn...

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    I got a Simple solution for ya bro.. put more weight on the bar..

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    try Pyramiding
    10 reps
    8 reps
    6 reps
    4 reps
    2 reps
    2 reps
    4 reps
    6 reps
    8 reps
    10 reps

I use

10-reps 135lbs
    2 185
    2 215
    6 265
    2 225
    2 205
    10 135

kinda goofy but it works for me bro

Thanks, I'm going to try all if it!

Originally posted by Sicilian30
    I got a Simple solution for ya bro.. put more weight on the bar..
    I'm not doing massive presses of 25 lbs. Of course I'm moving mass. Come on! Don't flame the bro.
    Last edited by Methuselah; 02-10-2002 at 08:36 PM.

hulk101 is offline Junior Member
    bro
    i was in the same spot as you 3 months ago and a friend told me to do dumbells....get a good 2 or 3 sets of low weight worm ups and then do a 4 sets of heavy 6 to max 8 reps of flat and incline...

trust me you will see results... but the key is in the proper worm up... goodluck..

hulk101

Originally posted by hulk101
    bro
    i was in the same spot as you 3 months ago and a friend told me to do dumbells....get a good 2 or 3 sets of low weight worm ups and then do a 4 sets of heavy 6 to max 8 reps of flat and incline...

trust me you will see results... but the key is in the proper worm up... goodluck..

hulk101
    Hulk101,
    Thanks a million. After reading these posts I think I know where I went wrong. I was skipping the low weight, high rep stuff. I tried getting a little burn on the high reps before moving the mass last night. Seems to be working. I finally got a little pump.

More thinking was flawed. I thought 4 heavy sets were the best. Now, I'm thinking that 4 heavy sets are best after a little burn from 4 sets of high rep warm up.

I'm going to follow this for any muscle that doesn't want to respond to heavy pyramids.

p.s. I'm only letting those puny pecs rest for 30 seconds between the warm up sets. I let them catch there breath for 2 minutes when they're moving mass for me during the heavy sets.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Do each rep very slow IE 8 seconds a rep.....

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    When doing flat bench trying taking 5 gernerous seconds to bring the bar to your chest then push up with some force, but not too much so that it feels like the bar will go up in the air if u don't hold on. Keep it in control and focus on the muscle group being worked.

Thread Information