Txlonghorns is offline New Member

front delt help?

Guys,

I need some major help. My front delts just are not coming along, they have no size and definatly lack definition. Here is the skinny.
    I have had 7 seven shoulder operations in the last 8 years. 4 operations on the left, and 3 on the right. Im afraid my front delts are just obliterated from the surgery. I ran an MRI yesterday and all looks good. Minor scar tissue formation, but no problems with the labrums or cartilage.

Im currenty during shoulder presses for 4 sets and front lifts for 4 sets. These do not seem to be shocking the muscle at all. Do you have any suggestions for other lifts I could incorporate?

I am on a bulking cycle currently and taking 4iu GH 5 on 2 off. Everything else is coming along great except these damn shoulders........please help.

bravo11p is offline Associate Member
    Are you only taking GH? How about standing shoulder presses. It's old school but IMO, a good foundation builder.

I would normally say do a little back and forth routine with your pressing. 1 out of every 3 pressing days, go super heavy, but after so many operations, I'm not so sure that's quite the approach you should follow. By front lifts I assume that you mean some sort of front dumbbell/barbell raises. I personally think that these put a lot of stress on the shoulder joint, but I’ve also had shoulder problems in the past. I will sometimes incorporate a few sets of Reverse Overhead Dumbbell Laterals into my routine (start with arms stretched out at each side with palms facing up. Kind of looks like an incline fly movement but your exactly vertical when you do this. Awesome shoulder pump. I some times combine these with regular side laterals and am barely able to scratch my head after a shoulder w/o. I'm sure you know this already, but for the benefit of those reading this post. Make sure to thoroughly warm up your shoulder area before attempting any sort of lift. The shoulder muscles are one of your smaller muscle groups that are often forced to do a lot of weight, so there is no such thing as too much of a warm up. Some light laterals and some small dumbbell circles should be good to start with. Try these and let us know what you think. Good luck.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    DB front raise.....

Txlonghorns is offline New Member
    well my lat. delts are taking off and so are my rear delts...but these pesky front delts are not coming along. Im afraid it may be a genetic problem...looking at my dad and grandad, they are both big, but have no front delts......im thinking of throwing in some upright rows....any other suggestions.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Arnold presses...

heavyonly is offline Junior Member
    This is what works for me;

4sets Seated or Standing Barbell press
    4sets Upright Rows
    4sets Shrugs
    2sets Front laterals, Side laterals, Rear laterals

Only one rule to follow on the first three.....GO FUCKING HEAVY ONLY... I mean, my partner cries like a little girls on these

DirkDiggs is offline Junior Member
    try different types of front raises...dumbells, barbell, and cables see what works best

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    What exercise really rips my front delts is taka dumbell or barbell and grip it with palms face out and raise bar up over head. It's exactly like frontal raise but with a reversed grip. I feel that this exercise isolates my front delts. And I can see it targeting my delts in the mirror. Try it an dsee how you like it. I usually do four sets of 10/12....but don't go heavy use moderate amount of weight.

Thread Information