Thread: Please Help !!!

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Please Help !!!

Ok guys, it's Monday, and time for a change.

As you have seen in my pic, I am not doing very well. I need to get bigger and lose fat.

I'm willing to listen to anything y'all have to say.

Goals: to find a routine that will allow me to hypertrophize the muscles at 41 years of age, and to get as close as possible to a 6-pack for the 1st time in my life.

Any chance you can help?

If so, respond here, aslo PM me, and my email is :

[email protected]

Thanks, all help is appreciated.

bump

c'mon guys I need help !!!

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    I'm 22 and having a hard time getting a six-pack. I'm doing cardio for an hour 5 to 6 times a week and hitting the weights afterwords for 30 to 45 minutes 3 to 4 times a week. To loose fat go with cardio cardio cardio and a proper diet. For the last few weeks the only cheat foods I've had was a few ice pops, so keep that in mind too. I'm not saying its impossible to get a six-pack (some harder than others) but you really have to bust your ass. Remember two key things
    1. maintain a proper diet - protein, carbs, fat
    2. but 1 pound of fat is equalivent to 3500 calories, so you have to burn more calories than you are taking in everyday

If your body needs 2000 calories to maintain itself and you are taking in 2000 calories and burning 200 calories every day, 5 days a week, after 3 1/2 weeks u should loose a pound (doesn't sound like much huh?) thats why diet is soooo important.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    What B/F are you now and what type of training regime are you following what is your diet like and how much cardio do you perform? Give us those facts and we can sort something out in more detail.If you want bro e-mail and we,ll work thro it

Originally posted by Billy Boy
    What B/F are you now and what type of training regime are you following what is your diet like and how much cardio do you perform? Give us those facts and we can sort something out in more detail.If you want bro e-mail and we,ll work thro it
    Hey Billy, this is what my routine looks like:

Well I am 6ft 2, and 230 lbs, 24% bodyfat. I have been working out for 3 years now, but am not satisfied at this point. I wish I had progressed more than I have, and see others who have passed me by on the way and I wish I looked like they do. Some of them started out in worse shape than I did and now look better in a shorter amount of time.

My age is 41, I will be 42 in June. But you are right, my natural test has decreased and it will be tough, but I am willing.

As for my routine, I have been training as a powerlifter for about 2 ½ years.

My routine looks like this:

Monday : warmup for 5 minutes on the tread.
    5 sets of squats, 3 sets of lunges, 3 sets of SLDL's, then 20 minutes of cardio.

Tuesday: warmup for 5 min on tread. 4 sets of flat bench, 4 sets of incline flys (or cable flys, whichever is open), 4 sets of incline dumbells, 4 sets dips on hammersmith machine, 4 sets of close-grip bench, 4 sets of french press, 30 minutes of cardio.

Wednesday : off

Thursday: Warmup for 5 minutes on tread. 4 sets military presses, 4 sets of side lateral raises, 4 sets of front raises, 4 sets of cable crosses, 4 sets of seated calf raises, 4 sets of standing calf raises, 4 sets 25 weighted crunches. 30 minutes of cardio.

Friday: Warmup for 5 minutes on tread.6 sets of deadlifts, 4 sets of hammerstrength back machine, 4 sets of dumbell curls, 4 sets of e-z- curl, 30 minutes of cardio.

I think I need help most on my diet !!! That is where I go wrong. I seem to eat on the munchies at night, like milk and cookies.

Thanks for any help guys !!!!

Hmmmmmmm, lemme see.....

Originally posted by Diesel
    If it were me:
    I would step the cardio up a bit. 40 min per.
    I would do a few more sets for Quads, Hams, Back.
    Chest and Delt routine looks fine. (Cable Crosses, are these for the rear delts I assume?) Throw some shrugs in for your traps.
    What kind of kcals are you taking in on the diet and at what split? (ie; Carb, Pro, Fat)
    Will up the cardio !!!

Should I do front squats for more quad work? I want to stay off of the extension as I have heard horror stories of guys blowing out their knees on them.

I have good traps, and get a lot of work with the 6 (sometimes 8 if I feel good) sets of deadlifts, but I can do a couple of sets and see what happens.

Yes, the cable crosses are for my back delts.

I try to eat a 50% protein, 20 % carbs, and 30 % fats diet, with my main source of fats being Udo's Choice (blend of 7 essential fatty acids).

I try to eat chicken breasts 2-3 times a day, a can of tuna once a day and I usually have filet of snapper or salmon once, maybe twice a week (depends on whether or not I go fishing that week for the snapper).

Thansk Diesel ! You're a great guy to help me !

I heard somewhere else.....

Originally posted by Diesel
    To be honest Canes, I have never heard of anyone blowing their knees out on Leg Extensions.
    I wouldn't do front squats if you are already doing regular ones. Leg press, Hacks, etc...
    But all these put more stress on your knees than Eextensions IMO.
    I read several articles, hopefully I can find them, that said that leg extentions put bad pressure on your knee ligaments, even without locking out.

I will try the hacks and presses though.

Thread Information