Thread: pain in wrists

se11 is offline Associate Member

pain in wrists

when I do curls I get a pain in my wrist/forearms. I posted this a while ago, and it never really stopped. its been effecting my workout alot, and really haulting my bicep progress. I was wondering, if you think I should take a week or so off then try again, or do you think I should just keep doing 3 sets of 8 reps doing ez barbell curls and alternater dumbell curls

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Where is tha pain coming from...upper...lower...how long does it last????

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Hard to say bro, maybe experiment with other bicep excercises until you find one with little or no pain and stay with that for a while. Also, try Advil around the clock for a couple days. Take 'em every 4 hrs they may help as a cheap anti-inflamatory.

If all else fails, see your Doc.

Good luck,MJ

whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    warm up your wrists with some wrist curls, then do two light sets of curls. for me it only hurt on straight barbell curls

zOaib is offline VET
    1) do u use any straps before lifting weights , meaning u know like boxing straps , those can support your wrists and forearms , just like ppl wear knee wraps when doing squats , .....................2) i had these pains , it is due because even though sometimes your muscles grow faster than your bone grow density , wha ti did was i upped my intake of calcium and glocosamine CR ............. and boom pain was gone ............. that also took care of my kneee pains cuas ei had more upper body weight and when i used to JOG , it grinded my knees real good ............. i take 2000 mg of calcium and 3000 mg of glucosamine , since thats what my requirement is due to the strenuos excercises my bones go through ............ but to be honest wraps on your wrists will help u a lot , cuase u need support in the areas that deal pressure and force in your bones , and wrists are oen fo them if u r doing curls n stuff .......... worked for me , hopefully works for u ............

decadbal is offline Banned
    have you been masterbating excessivly? dont ask what excessivly is, if you have to ask, then your answer is yes...lol

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    Back off on the weight for your biceps training for a week or 2. When you train your back heavy that hits your bi's hard, so just lighten up on your bicep day until the pain lessens and you may end up being stronger when you go back to heavy biceps training.

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    i have a problem with my wrists too, so i do hammer curls and they don't hurt at all

yeah hammer curls don't really hurt, but I really want to build up my bi's for the summer. ill try updating my calcium and glocosamine and taking advil. i really want this pain to go away. it seems like it went from the forearm down to my wrist

betatest is offline Associate Member
    In addition to glucosamine, improving your forearm strength might help as well. My curls plateaued for a bit until I realized my forearms were the weak link. I haven't had any wrist pain for a while and my curls have improved after adding more grip work to the mix.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Had the same problem occur several times. in my case my wrists would hurt when i'd curl too heavy. as in heavy enough for you to cheat form. that is when you jerk the weights up as opposed to a controlled movement. you may want to expereiment with the weights you use and make sure you curl with strict perfect form.

Spoon

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    i had the same problem a while back, couldnt do any kind of heavy "bar curls",went to dumbells for a while,came back and it was ok.....

Ok thanks

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    As spoon said.. basically this is a rule of thumb for me... go up and down the same speed... One fluid, medium paced, controlled movement. Try gripping the weight with half the strength ( 50% grip) If you understand this...this will help ALOT. I know this because I had the same exact problem as you. Good Luck.

Mu'min is offline Associate Member
    My brother and I both had this problem at one time or another. For both of us, wrist curls (increasing forearm strenght) helped greatly.

Whenever this pain comes back, I give standing barbells a rest and do inclines. They seem to fill in nicley.

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by se11
    yeah hammer curls don't really hurt, but I really want to build up my bi's for the summer. ill try updating my calcium and glocosamine and taking advil. i really want this pain to go away. it seems like it went from the forearm down to my wrist
    are you implying that hammer curls do not build up the biceps?

does anyone else know this to be true?

jerseykid23 is offline Junior Member
    There's a post in the AR Forum about this...

http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=102396

Ron Swan is offline New Member
    My old body is shot. At least most of my joints, including wrists and elbows. I stick with the EZ curl bar, dumbells and the occasional cable.

Thread Information