promiscio is offline Member

Question Pain in Forearms

Hey guys
    A few months back in the middle of my first cycle, I would get pain in my forearms from doing certain exercises like heavy curls. Now that I am off cycle and doing lighter weight I dont get the pain. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it like Carpal Tunnel? Any help appreciated...

skullcrusherkid is offline New Member
    lol...i feel you on this one...it used to happen to me a lot. whats happening is you are basically pulling the muscle away from your bone... like shin splints the stuff runners get when they first get back into running. you get stronger faster than your body can compensate with the fibers that hold the muscle to the bone. so that would explain the pain...if you ever get this again stick to hammer curls on the preacher bench for a while and the pain should subside.

adamw1 is offline Associate Member
    i found that a month or so doing barbell curls with a squat bar did the trick for me i try and stay away from the ez bar aswell and have no problems any more

se11 is offline Associate Member
    I had this same problem, instead of doing barbell curls, switch to a heavy weight 3-4 exercise dumbell routine. That's what I did and the ocassionally I can do 3 or so sets of barbell curls but no more.

Darkness is offline Member
    Yeah I have the same problem, it feels like my forearms are going to bend with all the weight, but it seems to make it better to do hammers. Strait bar just kills me, even more than ez bar.

betatest is offline Associate Member
    There were a few changes to my routine that helped me get past the problem. Lowered the weight. Added forearm and grip exercises. And as silly as it sounds, when I curled with the barbell, I tried to crush the bar with my hands, keeping a very tight hold during the entire set. Eventually my grip strength improved enough to where I was curling heavy weight again without the pain. Another plus to keeping a tight grip on the bar, it seemed to shift focus onto my biceps during the curl, so I didn't spend as much effort thinking about my hold giving out. Just fwiw...

Jeremy34 is offline Member
    I got that **** pain right now too. Our head trainer for baseball used to basically call it shin splints in your forearms. Stay away from barbell curls as much as you can, dumbells are much easier on the pain for me, just as everyone has said.

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    I usually get it when I do straight bar. that seems to be the consensus.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    i always have gotten that, i use dumbells now, first to warm up, then go to regular curls.

revie is offline New Member
    i get that every once and a while..
    it was really bad one time last year.
    i was told to slow down on the preacher curls (ez bar) and try more dumbell exercises. and taake about 3 weeks off from working on biceps..
    it helped very well, but every once and a while i can feel it slightly.
    rest is a good thing.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Am I the only person here who tapes their wrists??? I used to have the same problem, now I just put sports tape on my wrists before I lift and I am good to go and don't get pain anymore from any exercise.

<<LMO>>

Rictor33 is offline Associate Member
    straight bar or a narrow grip on the ez-curl bar and I have to slowly put the bar down and grit my teeth really hard because when I release my hands from the bar I get shooting pains up my entire arm for about 20 seconds. I have been sticking to hammer curls recently and the problem hasn't crept up.

devil1 is offline Jacked Jarhead
    Thanks for al the info bro's. Saves me from having to ask this question and wait for a response. Yall nailed it right on the head. Im going to try some of these ideas, hope it works forearms are killing me when i curl. -devil1

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by promiscio
    Hey guys
    A few months back in the middle of my first cycle, I would get pain in my forearms from doing certain exercises like heavy curls. Now that I am off cycle and doing lighter weight I dont get the pain. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it like Carpal Tunnel? Any help appreciated...
    Carpal tunnel will effect your wrists more so than your forearms, its a common complaint in motorcycle raod racers. What your experiening is most likely just stress from the overload, you should back off with the weight lifted and try to increase the weight at a slower pace than you've done since starting the cycle. It can resolve itself, but I'd recommend backing off the weight.

Thread Information