Thread: shoulder injury

bd2g is offline New Member

shoulder injury

i heard a 2 pop's in my shoulder when performing incline press. my shoulder has been very sore and every time i lift it and rotate it around in a windmill direction it still pop's. havent been able to lift anything even hurts to drive my truck. anyone have any ideas on what i might have done to my shoulder.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i had the same thing i tore my rotator cuff. it took surgury to fix mine.

Ms Figure is offline Retired Moderator

Smile

well i bet that makes you feel great thank gixzerboy for that! LOL seriously i had the same problem i feel my shoulder came out of joint! which is basically what happened! you prob put it back in so had a slight dislocation but no adverse affects

Its quite common to do this rest it for a while a good 3 weeks i know it sounds harsh but i think you had a lucky escape from tearing your rotacuff as this is one of the most common BB injuries but rest it! I did it still aches sometimes but not too bad!

but if it gets worse go to the doctors!
    Last edited by Ms Figure; 10-01-2001 at 04:18 AM.
    Ms Figure

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    You,re a bundle of joy gixxerboy!!

A lot of the popping noises you here from joints is the air escaping from the fluid that surrounds the joint and is perfectly harmless like hearing your bones crack.Should you feel pain this when a tendon,muscle tear occurrs.

If it does ache Ice the aera for approx 10mins than apply a warming gel/pack to the aera.The idea is that the ice will reduce swelling whilst the warmth supplies the deep fibres of the muscle with heat.

Makesure you rest it and warm your rotator cuffs prior to working out.And as Ms Figure pointed out if it gets any worse see the Doc

Billy

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    Sound advice. IMO don't take risks you wanna train for a long time, so time off may be painful in the short-term but benefical in the long-term.

BA

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    After a short break...how does it feel? Did you ice it? Does it hurt when it pops? have you lost any range of motion?

bd2g is offline New Member

ouch

yep i iced it, went to the doc and he gave me some cortizone, came back in 5minutes later and it still hurt. have an mri arthrogram on friday to see it is my cuff is torn. already had x-ray and it was fine. does not look good for me. range of motion sucks, and it still pop's. i did find another doc that specializes in bodybuilding injuries. he worked on curt angle, and some other well known powerlifters. i see him tomorrow (tuesday). any other advice is welcome. thanks for the reply's everyone i will keep you all informed.

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Keep icing it and we'll be praying for you that it's minor!

klubhead is offline Junior Member
    hey i have simular shoulder problem pm or update this post plz

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Bro this thread is almost 3 years old... i doubt you will get a reply or PM
    fropm the bro that started it, but if you have questions about a injury
    start a new thread and I'm sure a bunch of bros that have been thru it
    including myself could help...

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Ive had the same thing, not a good feeling is it. Its the worst when you injure your shoulder, coz you basically cant train anything properly. I rested mine and took it eays at the gym. I actually took a bit of time off too. You have to recover and if its really bad then go and see a doc and hopefully he wont give u 2 much bad news.

Thread Information