Thread: shoulder horn

tx_iron is offline Associate Member

shoulder horn

ive been having problems w/ my shoulder/reardelt pains during every workout regardless of what part i train. i think it may be my cuff... i have one of those shoulder horns advertised in the muscle mags to improve cuff strength. my question is do they work well and does a rubber band do the job just as well . im worried i will not be able to work out again w/o some serious pain and im in the middle of a deca test stack and do not want to quit working out ... please any knowledge would help

Adonis is offline Associate Member
    That sucks man!
    It will help but not that much.
    I hurt my left tricep 2 months ago and could not train them at all.

Here is what worked for me:
    I tried to do lower weight and to isolate the muscle in question for that day.
    Let's say it was chest day, I would use light weight and concentrate on using only my chest muscle to bring the weight up minimizing the tricep.
    I ended up adding more weight after a few weeks and now that I'm all good I get better results workout after workout.

That's just me, I would sugest to go see a doctor and make sure it is nothing serious.
    It's better to fuck up a cycle and not train for 6 months then to not train for the rest of your life.

good luck.

tx_iron is offline Associate Member
    yeah i have a doc appt. tommorow so well see how that goes

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Your rotators are small muscles that unfortunately become a weak link if not trained. You see as your lats, delts, and pecs get stronger the link between they and your rotators become weaker. There are 4 muscles that make up the cuff, and you should train them weekly to strengthen them. The shoulder horn will train your external rotators, and yes the surgical tubing works as well. Hook the tubing to anything and with your arm bent at 90 degrees rotate across your body and also into you body always maintaining the 90 degree bend in your elbow.

Have a doctor diagnose it if it's not getting better. Otherwise ice after a workout and warm up well. DON'T train through pain.

Thread Information