Beat is offline Associate Member

WTF! bicep 1/4 inch smaller

ok here´s what happened.. my bicep measurement has been exactly 15.16in (cold) for bout 1 month and i want to reach 16in so bad that i tried one of the bicep routines posted by someone (wount mention who).. this consists of many excercises whitch you superset with a short rest intervall.. anyway.. after trying this my biceps were extremely sore and after measuring 4,5 and 6 days after my bi´s measured only 14.96in... has this happened to anyone? does anyone know why this happened?? any suggestions on how to get the measurement up again??

*i should mention that i got a sufficient amount of protein and carbs and my diet was good
    *i did the "one day arm cure" 1 month ago and after that my biceps have been very sore after every arm workout

if i missed anything important just ask..

thnx in advance

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    maby you are overtraining biceps.
    Btw if you want your arms to grow hit the triceps the hardest. Try a wsb routine, if that doesnt put meat on your tri's nothing will

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Btw if you want your arms to grow hit the triceps the hardest. Try a wsb routine, if that doesnt put meat on your tri's nothing will
    Without knowing what the workout was, it is hard to say 100%, but if you lost size... ta-da... 99.9% chance you overtrained. The .01% would be fat reduction.

Many... superset and short interval are all good clues for overtraining.

Want mass, go back to the basics.

well i do rest atleast 7 days between bicep workouts, but maybe all those excercises and sets overtrained my bicep.. im used to low volume training so this type of workout was new to me.. but i mean.. if i overtrain then.. shouldnt they just "not grow".. my bi´s got smaller, can they acctualy get smaller from overtraining? :/

yeah ill defenetly try a wsb routine, i tried one for chest and it is working realy good

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat
    well i do rest atleast 7 days between bicep workouts, but maybe all those excercises and sets overtrained my bicep.. im used to low volume training so this type of workout was new to me.. but i mean.. if i overtrain then.. shouldnt they just "not grow".. my bi´s got smaller, can they acctualy get smaller from overtraining? :/

yeah ill defenetly try a wsb routine, i tried one for chest and it is working realy good
    Overtraining can make you shrink yes
    Imo biceps grows best from heavy back training anyway with a biceps exercise tossed into the mix everynow and then.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Overtraining can make you shrink yes
    Imo biceps grows best from heavy back training anyway with a biceps exercise tossed into the mix everynow and then.

Totally agree. Narrow grip weighted pull-up with a pause at the top make my biceps scream. It is like doing a negative with 280 pounds!

yeah thats how i usualy train bi´s, with back and i do like 1 or two exercises of bicep too.. anyways, this shrinking thing was new to me.. ill have to do some reaserch on it.. this means that you can acctualy work out to LOOSE muscle.. faking star trek this bodybuilding stuff

thnx guys

Thread Information