1. The amounts of gear, in SOME cases does affect the gains of SOME people - but note, as I have, the word SOME! Different people require all sorts of amounts in order that the gains kick in. But that does NOT mean it is a signal to take shit loads of gear, do not let that fool you, don’t be tricked into it. Some pro’s will tell you (in a roundabout way) that they take more than they do but most of it is a load of bollocks. I know a lot of athletes that take more than some pro bodybuilders.
As for the quality? Well in this category I have to disagree that ALL pro’s take quality gear. I will tell you why. Not many years ago, a few famous Olympians came over here to compete and guest pose in no certain order. I saw what gear that they were taking back with them. In all cases, no one would listen, why would they? Little old me telling BIG old them that their gear was shit? Tsk, tsk! Well if you are reading this old pro’s, I think that you know NOW that it was shit! Told ya’s you TOO self confident bastards!! Hee hee, didn’t do TOO well did ya? Well you wouldn’t on ordinary peanut oil eh? Ah well, I know that you are listening now, but it is too late.

2. The equipment they are using? Not in all cases, but of course if you have a VARIED amount of training tackle available then different muscles can be worked but in a lot of cases, nahh, another load of bull. Even with an old barbell and dumbell set a fair physique can be built. The good old pro’s of yester year didn’t do to bad did they? The differences that would be marked would be on the leg department of course. Heavy squatting for example, would be hard without stands so that would not only make a difference but it would be dangerous to perform good squats without to be honest. But with the right attitude, great physiques can be built with the basics - that IS fact!

3 & 4. No! If you cannot even think about doing it alone, pack it in. OK partner DOES help mainly in the safety department, but if you are not prepared to push yourselves, take up a sport that needs only you - like “bashing the old bishop” for instance! It may work then! The belief that you an do it no matter how hard should be the greatest strength and asset.

5. Whatever training system you have, you can make it as hard or as easy as you want. They all will work, but it depends on how much you want it to! Many have tried the old three day system that I have advised for years with great success, but those that have come back with zero results have, in most cases, given it no more than zero in the first place. That kind of attitude sucks especially if it is the advisors that get it in the neck because of the failure of the student.
Not turning up for training is the first step to failure. If you want to be a bodybuilder, then think like a champion - now that is one of the TRUE reasons a champ is a champ; they know that they will succeed before they even get there!! Nice.....!

6. Hmnnn, this one seems to be more apparent than we realize and it goes for both genders. But for the fact that I am a bloke, I have to speak from this side - ahem! Here goes...

Being in shape can have its advantages, looking good and feeling fit is the BEST revenge as most who have had arguments with the opposites will agree. Lots of guys have a problem when their training starts to take shape. Some don't like this as you tend to get a few more looks than normal. But on another level, if you start to get problems from your partner this can and does lead to missed workouts and eventually, if you are an under-the-thumb-pussy-whipped-limp dick, then you are in for big trouble. However, if you are of a strong mind and determined to succeed in your goals, then there is an answer to this type of problem. Go tell her to fuck off, get the pots washed and when she has done that, the lawn needs mowing whilst you are at the gym!! (Hee hee, that should get a few letters - I hope). By the way, it swings the other side too (must be these shorts??).

7 & 8 These two are really linked but explained easily. You must be one ugly twat if she is that bad. You will need some serious training up if she looks like a bulldog sucking a lemon flavoured wasp!

9. Well whoopdeefucking woo! Those selfish gym owners eh? Fancy not opening a gym up just for you? Me, me, me eh? Well looks like you are going to have to kick your own fat arse and maybe get in when there is a gap - tough! Who said training was going to be easy, bet it was you?

10. Another doozy! What difference? OK maybe the gym tackle is a bit prettier, more of it but it still is the same basically, it is heavy. No matter WHAT it is. A barbell will build muscle if you make it work for you. It WON'T if you are a couch potato. Get up them stairs or in that garage and start training for crying out loud!

11. I suggest that you get into fast food a bit more! Surprised? Shouldn't be, 'cos one of, nay THE best food that you can eat for bodybuilding is also one of the fastest - EGGS! Now you cannot get much better than that. At about 6 grams of near perfect protein you cannot lose and I still think that the price of eggs is good. I know a farm near me that sells cracked eggs - only a couple of quid a tray! When I called down there last week for a couple of trays he said that he didn't have any cracked eggs left, he only had the uncracked sort. I thought I was being funny when I said, "OK mate, then will ya crack me a couple of dozen!!" Nahh, he didn't laugh too - just like you!

12. You snobby arse! I thought a personal trainer was a single track shoe that was your own! Why not take up tiddlywinks if you need a personal trainer - pussy!

No Secrets
There are none really - sorry and all that. Training has to be wanted so bad, you have to literally taste it, live it and believe that you can succeed in order to have a chance at being a success. The pro's do have an edge - they believe in what they do and that is why they will always get where they want to go.

You can blame everyone else for your own failures, but how quick are you to praise yourself when something goes right. There has to be a perfect balance. When things are not going to good, don't stop and pack it in, slow things down a little but keep going, that is the main thing. If you are not strong, be as strong as you can be, but keep going. Mark on the wall the days that you have turned up, not missing a workout and keeping the weeks totting up can be a great psychological boost to your ego. I can guarantee that this works a lot.