Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'

Help with fat burning cardio

i dont have heart rate monitor or anything like that, how do i know what speed to use in a treadmill or bike and maintain it while still being within fat burning zone. i always assumed between 5kph-6.5kph is good? can you guys give me tips? thanks

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont know if you wanted a speed for running but I like to walk at between 4.0-4.5mph on a 15.0 incline for 30-45mins. I find this works really well in the A.M. I dont run so I couldnt help you out in that department.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    i dont know if you wanted a speed for running but I like to walk at between 4.0-4.5mph on a 15.0 incline for 30-45mins. I find this works really well in the A.M. I dont run so I couldnt help you out in that department.

15 incline!!!!! What?? What kinda treadmill do you have??

On my treadmill and every other one i have ever used the incline is like 5.0 or 5.5 at most at that speed for fat burning zone...... 15.0?? I have never heard of a treadmill even going that high. 10.0 is the highest on any treadmill I have ever used, and that is pretty **** steep and hard on the ankles.

<<LMO>>

I know for sure that the latest Life Fitness treadmills go to a 15 degree incline as do the StarTrac treadmills.

I love walking on an incline like that. If you are feeling really saucy and want to burn mad calories throw a back pack on and fill it with some weights and walk the incline just as if you were hiking a steep incline. That will have you covered in sweat trust me.

i meant brisk walking not running.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Spoon....

Speed 4.0-4.5 on a 5.0-5.5 incline should be close for an estimate. Best thing to do is buy a cheap heart rate monitor on ebay so you know for sure.

<<LMO>>

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    Spoon....

Speed 4.0-4.5 on a 5.0-5.5 incline should be close for an estimate. Best thing to do is buy a cheap heart rate monitor on ebay so you know for sure.

<<LMO>>
    mph or kph? thanks. i think i will invest in a hr monitor in the near future. by the way i posted my m1t cycle in the cycle forum, that was a great idea bro!

97cobra is offline Junior Member
    I always just count my pulse for 10 seconds and then multiply that by 6. that equals your heart rate.

I just went back and reread your post and orignally it did say KPH. Hell spoon we dont know the metric system around here
    I dont know what kind of treadmill you use but some of the newer ones have heart rate monitors attached to them. If you gym has those it may not be a bad idea.

Thread Information