ectogainer is offline Junior Member

Members w/ Experience

Im looking to try a new workout routine and I wanted to know what method you would pick for the best mass gains.

DC Training
    HST Training
    5x5 Training
    WSB Training
    or Other

Which one and why. Looking for mass. Ive been working out for a while but i would like to know what some of the more experienced lifters would suggest.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    bro all the methods you listed have all been successful for different type of people. it is all a matter of preference. i have tried most of those and although i have seen some gains i can defintely say that what worked for me might not work for you. its all about experimentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    bro all the methods you listed have all been successful for different type of people. it is all a matter of preference. i have tried most of those and although i have seen some gains i can defintely say that what worked for me might not work for you. its all about experimentation.

I agree. I don't think there's a way to design a program that is going to work for 100% of the people. I actually lost strength doing WSB. Noone on the face of this earth seems to have other then me. I haven't used all those methods, but I can assure you that designing a program that is based on your weak points of your compound lifts are about the easiest way to gain strength. Mass comes with food. Regardless of the training regimen.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I totally agree

LM1332 Guest
    im deffinatly with all other guys. What works for me wont necesseraly work for you

ectogainer is offline Junior Member
    thanks guys--this is the response i figured i'd get
    i know everybody reacts differently i was just seeing if anyone had an overwhelming response from one or more of the methods.

I'm kinda leaning towards the 5x5 method but we'll see.
    Thanks guys.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    excetp goodtobeapimp I have never heard anyone have anything negative to say about wsb. It might not be the best for mass though but it sure as hell have made my triceps grow alot and thickened me upp allover.

fritz2435 is offline Member
    I say you give them all a try, using 8 wk splits, then stick with the ones that are the most effective.

qccat is offline Associate Member
    lift hard and heavy once a week, no more. Do some explosion training on the other days. Check out some Westside barbell techniques for strength and mass. They are great to be incorporated into workouts

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    excetp goodtobeapimp I have never heard anyone have anything negative to say about wsb. It might not be the best for mass though but it sure as hell have made my triceps grow alot and thickened me upp allover.

Oddly enough I have adopted some of the tricep training in the westside routines to my regimen. My workouts are strange compared to most.

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    If you choose a DC method make sure you fully understand it. Read DC's method over and over as many people seem to get hung up on it. I had success with 5x5 training when I first began working out. I would agree that whatever workout you do will depend soley on how your own body reacts. I for instance can do row after row after row for my back and nothing seems to work, whereas others swear by barbell rows. Until you can find what isolates your muscles and break through your threshold of pain no workout will work to its full potential.

Thread Information