Thread: Knees are gone!

general31 is offline Associate Member

Knees are gone!

I can not squat the bar right now. My knees give out on me so fast and it takes 2 days to get back to normal. I can leg press 700 lbs for reps but when it comes to squats, even hacks, I'm fuked. Can anyone help with a cure. I think it is from 20 years of playing goalie in hockey. I just want to squat and I cant.

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    Ive never heard of that before. Have you ever tried squats before you knew of this and had a problem?

general31 is offline Associate Member
    For the last 4 years it has been like this. Back when I was in high school in 96 I could Squat fine. But when I started hitting it hard about four years ago, my knees were gone. I can blow one out running the bases in softball. Ive been to the doctor and had an mri on one knee and it was ok. Im baffled!

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    WOw. Sorry to hear that. Stick to the leg presses then. At least its something.

ti1t is offline New Member
    My knees have been ****ty for the last few weeks when I started doing squat reps 500 x 6 for 3 sets... I can still leg press 900 for reps easy unless I go past a 45 degree angle. Just be carefull wth your knees... I thought I was super man and couldn't get hurt but squats willl **** you up. Another reason this happened is that I'm on an AS cycle and the tendons aren't as strong as the muscle.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Sounds like you have some patellar tendon issues.

I say this because as a recovering double (both knees) patellar tendon rupture athlete, squats are a LOT harder for me to do right now than leg presses, and it's solely because of that localized area. It's getting better, but that is because my re-hab has been constant for 11 months. You may be arriving at the problem, whereas I am working on recovering from it. May want to have your doc check the knees!

~SC~

Rsox1 is offline Associate Member
    i have the same problem i cannot even get into a catchers squat without my knees giving out, i can still squat but i wrap my knees tight a a drum and that usually does the trick, i really think wrapping could help you a lot but like th prev post said always have a doc check it out

Pork Chop is offline Member
    Lot's of running destroyed my knees.
    I couldn't squat the bar let alone anything heavy.
    A light and short of Deca nearly cured them.
    Something to think about.

Thread Information