Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member

Weird pain in my chest when i wake up??????

I thought Id post this Q in this forum, thought it would fit best.
    Whenever I wake up in the morning, especially after a chest workout, I get this really weird pain in my chest, its almost as if my chest muscles are pulling/pushing my ribs/or heart a little out of place, it hurts for about half an hour and then once everything is up and running and stretched out the pain goes away, Im not worried about it , just currious to see if anyone else has had this problem and if they know exactly what it is??
    Thnx.

mekler is offline Associate Member
    if you're comparing it to heart attack pain you may want to get checked out by a doctor

i also have this pain, i am pretty sure it has somthing to do with your sternum...as your doc if u can get a chest xray if ur worried to see if its broke.

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    yes, i know this pain as well

although it hasn't happened to me in my recent years but i remember one christmas when i was about 13 i got hte feeling like my lung was being stuck between 2 ribs or some ****, i breathed real deep, and it hurt real bad, but then it popped and i was fine

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    It's has been years for me as well but I have had exactly what Bound described above. Brings back some hurtin memories to say the least. Does this happen to you every morning? I would try sleeping somewhere other than your bed and sleep on your back only if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Bound for Muscle
    yes, i know this pain as well

although it hasn't happened to me in my recent years but i remember one christmas when i was about 13 i got hte feeling like my lung was being stuck between 2 ribs or some ****, i breathed real deep, and it hurt real bad, but then it popped and i was fine

rxarms is offline Associate Member
    This does not have the classic syns of a heart attack. Also the pain would be close to unberable and radiad to your left arm. It must be muscle related pain.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Also, heart attack pain tends to occur late in the day or early evening.

Quote Originally Posted by rxarms
    This does not have the classic syns of a heart attack. Also the pain would be close to unberable and radiad to your left arm. It must be muscle related pain.

qccat is offline Associate Member
    sounds like it could be costochondritis. had it once before....basically took some ibuprofin, here is a site of a bunch of people complaining about it, so you can compare....its basically inflammation of the sternum. http://www.efibro.com/read.php?f=59&t=693&a=1

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qccat
    sounds like it could be costochondritis. had it once before....basically took some ibuprofin, here is a site of a bunch of people complaining about it, so you can compare....its basically inflammation of the sternum. http://www.efibro.com/read.php?f=59&t=693&a=1
    HMMMM, Bro you are bang on, thats exactly what is happening, the pain, although not as bad as people were decribing in those threads, and the arm and fingers going numb. You say youve had this happen as well??? How did you fix it??????? I am very curious to know.

FLEX~Ottawa is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mekler
    if you're comparing it to heart attack pain you may want to get checked out by a doctor

Nope actually it happened to me also i really got worried would wake in the middle of the night and had that pain and almost past out felt like it was an heart attack but i got check and was no such thing the doctor made several test and nothing was wrong he said to take it easy for a while. Not to train to heavy.

FLEX~Ottawa is offline Junior Member
    Oops posted twice sorry !

**Middleweight** is offline Associate Member
    Wow! The same **** happens to me. It feels like its my sternum but when i go to massage it I can't feel where the pains coming from. Somewhere internal I guess.

DJFactor is offline New Member
    in all honesty, test, this happened to me when i started lifting in college for the first month or so--it hurt so bad i had to stop lifting for a while. doesnt happen any more (4 years later) but it was a sharp pain, on the left side of my middle-chest, near my sternum. i went to the hospital and they put me on 800 mg ibuprofen and told me to stop lifting for a bit. it worked, never had the pain again. i was just overworked at the time, apparently, or doing my workouts wrong i guess. maybe not the case for you, but it wouldnt hurt to take a week to 10 days off of chest to see how you feel, ya heard, playa?

Thread Information