Thread: Biceps

QuietStorm is offline Junior Member

Question Biceps

I have decent size on my biceps, I think about 16.5 - 17 inches. The problem is that my biceps are very long and wide, but they are not tall, kind of squared off. I need to form a better peak. Does anyone have an exercise to improve that? I've tried the narrow grip cable curls, I've tried the twist at the end of dumbbell curls. What's up, can someone help me out over here? It would be greatly appreciated.

HalOd03 is offline Associate Member
    madd concentration curls, movements like that help.....

ravaz is offline Associate Member
    barbell curls

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    mad props to the barbell curls

Socio is offline Associate Member
    Concentration and One Arm Preacher Curls (emphasis the bottom portion Spider Curls would be better)

But unfortuanetly ... Bicep peak is much genetics than everything else sure you can improve your peak ..... but if its flat ... dont expect it get like Arnolds....
    whats your bf% by the way?
    if its above 15 dropping some bf will show a better peak.

llbeastcd is offline Associate Member
    LI, NY... where it seems like everyone is on gear.
    Concentration curls with full twist (suppination?). Rotate the pinky towards the outside part of the delt at the top of the movement and squeeze it. Also might want to try double cable curls with a high anchor point following the same form as the conc. curls. Genetics also plays a part in it.

Don't forget the grandaddy either. Heavy barbell curls with good form for most of the reps. Cheat only on the last couple of reps and accentuate the negative.

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    Your fighting genetics man. There are two kinds of biceps and then ronnie colemans. You are in the same boat as me, we both have long biceps. Short biceps look like baseballs. Then freaks like coleman have a double-bicep (damn lucky bastard). I'd say preacher curls are your best bet, but you will never have a baseball type bicep, sorry.

Dbolaholic is offline Junior Member
    Seated Alternate Dumbell curls. My fav!

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    I think I have the same problem. But also, the thing with my biceps is that they seem too high up!!! My friend has nicknamed my biceps "pitceps" because they almost go into my armpits. The inner part of my bicep is big too, instead of the top gaining a lot of size, the sides get the size. What am I doing wrong? I don't want these "pitceps" anymore

1Chris1 is offline New Member
    I think vegeta990 is right about the genetics. also i have never put a name to my biceps, but i think pitceps might be close and i don't think there is much we can do about it. i have been perfecting form and using heavy sets for my bi's for over a year and still haven't got the baseball yet but things have been improving.

The Emperor is offline Associate Member
    Man to be honest you bi's will grow how they want to grow. I mean lok at thin kids who have nice peaks. Do you reall think they know something you don't? But heres one thing that may help. I say may because everyone is different. Between the bicept and tricept muscle is the brachiallis(sp?). A lot of people don't ever focus on training this muscle. Training it can help you get a peak if you have long bi's. Causing this muscle to grow pushes the bicept up in the middle. To do this you have to do bicept exercise where the bicept doesn't contract as much but you have to get them to the point where you can work heavy. This takes time (of course). These are exercises like hammer curls, reverse curls, or curl where your elbow is over your head. Give it a shot and good luck...

RCK
    RCK is offline Junior Member
    i give props to the barbell curls.............love em'

QuietStorm is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up

Thanks for all the responses, I guess I will try to create a workout with all of the different advise I have gotten. And even though I am fighting genetics...I will die trying.

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    any guys hear have suggestions on how to bring my arms up to proportion with the rest of my body? they lagging behind. should i train them more often? or... ?

thanks

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Iron horse, train them hard, and give good rest between workout days.

Emperor: what did u mean bicep curls on top of your head? What are those, and how do you do them? Is your arm just straight up in the air and your curling like that???

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    Terniox, should i give 5-7 days rest? or could i work them twice a week. I started working them harder.. best bi workout of my life the other night. thanks!

DirkDiggs is offline Junior Member
    Its all about genetics some people are blessed with big arms and high peaks.

funky fresh is offline New Member
    Try Negatives!! They hurt like hell but should do thr trick.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Hammer curls, concentrated curls.. slow and flex at the top of you movement.. Make them peak. After a set of biceps I usually do a no weighter, just sit there and do bicep curls with no weights, and do it till it burns, right after I do my set. Burns and really get's the blood flowing to the muscle, it traps the blood in the bicep making it swell and gives you a pump like crazy..

Thread Information