sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel

Question Need help designing workout. Please Help.

Hello,

I was referred to the site a couple of months ago and really enjoy all of the great information and helpful comments. As for my background I have worked out off and on since I was 15(16 years), mainly at home, with a variety of home gyms and some dumbbells. I have always just done an all over body workout with about 3 sets per exercise, but would like suggestions on a split routine. This site really motivates me to do more, and workout smarter! I have just upgraded my little home gym and would like suggestions for putting together my first split routine based on the exercises I have available to me.

I purchased a nice smith machine gym from Body Solid, and a biceps/triceps machine recently and have a VKR/DIP stand and treadmill on hand.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated including how many sets I should start with, number of reps, what exercises, in which order, how many days of ab work and cardio, and how much rest to get.

I have these to choose from:

Incline, Decline, and Flat Bench, Shoulder Press, Pec Fly, Lat pull Down, Cable Tricep press down, Cable Curls, Barbell Calf Raises, Squats, Upright Rows, Seated Cable Row, Dips, Leg Extensions, Leg Curls, Standing EZ Bar Curl, Lying French Press, Dumbell Rows, Machine Preacher Curls, Machine Tricep Puch Downs, Knee/Leg Raises, and of course crunches and push ups.

I am 6'4" around 200lbs. If I run for 20 minutes 4 times a week my metabolism is unbelievable. I would say I am a hard gainer. My goal is to put on a good 10-15lbs of muscle in the next 10 to 12 months. My diet is very good and I have all of the standard supplements available (Creatine/Meal Replacements/Protein Powder). I would really appreciate some input on how to get started with a decent regimen that will lead to bigger and better things. I have read Big Kev's workout routine (Boy is that guy motivational) and while I would love to get there with my routine, I would like to start with something a little more reasonable for my experience.

Thanks in advance!

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    chest - flat bench , incline, decline
    back - lat pull down to the neck, seated cable rows , bent over rows
    shoulders- press front and back
    legs - squats leg curls
    bi's- barbell curl ez bar curl
    tris- french press push downs
    stick to the basic muscle building exercies
    the smith machine is nice cause it will help w/ STRICT FORM
    try lifting 3 days a week reps 10 , 6 , 6, 6, 10
    if you wanna fine tune this msg me ill send you a copy of my program as a template

may the gains be with you bro

Thread Information