DavidJoseph is offline New Member

In Need Of Desperate Help!!!!

my left trapezius muscle is much larger than my right trap. Im not a huge guy, im about 155lbs, but it is bothering me, and to tell you the truth if i dont get some advice/help in a couple months im suure i will look like a freak. PLEASE HELP!!!

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Dumbells - you need to work so that both sides have to pull their own load... if you continue to do Barbell Shrugs - this could get worse...

One of my favorite dumbell routines for Traps is to get an incline bench and set it at an almost completely verticle position. Anchor the forward leg of the bench to something (a weight rack or the wall) and grab a pair of heavy dumbells. Lie yourself down on the bench and place your chin on the top of the pad. Then pull up using your traps - no bending your arms. And go high - envision touching your traps to your ears. Get about 10-12 reps then hold the last one... you can superset this with standing dumbell shrugs if you can still muster up some reserve strength.

Why this works: your traps are not on top of your shoulders - they are located on top of your back. This type of shrugging helps shift the load of your verticle plane and place more emphasis on the upper back traps. It also keeps your torso anchored (when done properly).

bjayg is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJoseph
    my left trapezius muscle is much larger than my right trap. Im not a huge guy, im about 155lbs, but it is bothering me, and to tell you the truth if i dont get some advice/help in a couple months im suure i will look like a freak. PLEASE HELP!!!
    I would say this is obvious, but I will say it anyway. work the other trap harder untill its gets a big as the other one.......

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by bjayg
    I would say this is obvious, but I will say it anyway. work the other trap harder untill its gets a big as the other one.......
    Muscle mechanics are quite complicated - if he starts favoring the otherside, or training it differently he could develop an even greater problem... he needs to focus on unilateral/isolateral training... one will catch up with the other...

bubbathegut is offline Member
    what do u think about behind the back shrugs with a barbell?

bjayg is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Muscle mechanics are quite complicated - if he starts favoring the otherside, or training it differently he could develop an even greater problem... he needs to focus on unilateral/isolateral training... one will catch up with the other...
    whatever was lagging on me I trained harder and brought them up to look quite similar. I am balence on both sides now I would say IMO...only as compilcated as people make'em.

Thread Information