onebadgixxer is offline Junior Member

Smile I want to isolate this part of the pec, any ideas?

I want to build the upper center part of the chest, I attached a picture, I colored in the part in blue, I've seen a lot of body building pictures and I haven't seen many guys who have built this area...so I'm guessing the people who can do it are doing another workout...I was thinking flyes, but I tried that and it doesn't target that area....let me know what you guys think
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I want to isolate this part of the pec, any ideas?-pecpicture.jpg  

Mu'min is offline Associate Member
    Db incline presses seem to work for me.

what kind of set? heavy, light?

Mu'min is offline Associate Member
    I prefer to workout in the 6-10 range. If I get 12, then it is time to increase the weight. I have always gained more size while lifting heavy in this range. Cable crossovers may help as well. Remember to squeeze while lifting. As a bodybuilder, you are contracting a specific muscle with a heavy weight, not just moving the weight as is the goal of a powerlifter.

qccat is offline Associate Member
    give this a try: with a lighter weight like 135 to start...get on the bench and pull your legs up w/ no natural arch between your back and the bench. disregard normal bench form and keep your elbows out a bit and bench to the neck almost touching it....feel it in that area. If you can get this to work it works great as a little finisher excercise, but save the heavy weight for things such as incline dbs

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    How the muscle develope - its shape, is based on genetics... otherwise we could all develop a physique like Arnold. Your muscular shape is dug deep into your genetic code.

However - you are reffering to the Pec Minor (upper pec muscle) and that can be isolated, as awhole - and is often underworked.

One thing you can do is to start your chest workouts with Incline movements to prioritize that area - work it while you are strongest... but all your incline movements for chest will work the upper area.

EMG results (fiber recruitment) for Pec Minor:

Pectoralis Minor
    Incline dumbell bench press; 91
    Incline bench press (olympic); 85
    Incline dumbell flys; 83
    Incline bench press (Smith); 81

I figured it had something to do with genetics, I'll try it out...thanks people

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    I have had some success with incline fly's, with the bech set about halfway between flat and a typical non-adjustable incline bench, supersetted with Incline Press on same bench with about a 16 inch wide grip.

Experiment, and if you find something better let us know, will ya?

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    db inclines alwayd do the trick

Thread Information