Thread: sleep question

askingforit is offline Junior Member

sleep question

Just wanted some general input about sleep. I currently get about 10 or 11 hours of sleep every night. I have not been training too long but I think my gains are pretty good. I was just wanting to know what effect this much sleep will have on training, good or bad...I was thinking of cutting it back to letting myself sleep just 8 or 9 hours regularly instead, because right now sometimes I will sleep in and end up getting like 12 hours sleep!

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    haha I love it. I wish i could sleep 11 hours a day. Its great for you. Just don't get lazy in the gym. bodybuilders in general should try to sleep 8 to 10. 11 is fine, 12, well, i don't know about you, but i feel real guilty about sleeping 12 hours. one thing you might want to consider though: thats 12 hours your body is going without food. so get up after 8 or so and have a protein shake, then finish your sleep. man i wish i could sleep like that...live it up while you can buddy.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Dude, read my post in the General Forum about sleep.

Core is offline Junior Member
    Damn, I wish I had the time for that much sleep. To complete all your cycles your body needs 8hrs 15min of REM. Unless your sick or really run down, over that is a waist and what Vegeta said, it makes it harder to get the proper diet in.

QuietStorm is offline Junior Member
    Enjoy it man, because sooner or later it will end. I'm lucky if I get 5 - 6 hours of sleep.

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    your gonna make all the insomiac's jealous

askingforit is offline Junior Member
    Thank you all for the replies. I do get really hungry after sleeping for that long so I guess I'll cut down to 9 hours during the week and maybe 10 on the weekends with a shake sometime during. 11-12 hrs doesn't make me lazy for the gym but I guess it's not doing me any good either. I just switched to a work schedule where I can sleep in as much as I want. I've been able to sleep like this for a long time so hopefully it won't end soon but who knows what'll happen as I get older

DirkDiggs is offline Junior Member
    sleep as much as possible...and enjoy it while it lasts

Thread Information