Wrestlingkompressor is offline Associate Member

Cutting Workout, advice?

Lately i've been reducing my carb intake and sporting a complete upperbody workout. It's working nicely, i've gone from 165-158 in about a week and half while on ECA. On cycle my weight was 175, I would say I kept about 75% of my gains.

Bench Press: 4x10-12
    Wide grip Pull ups:3xAMAP (as many as possible)
    T-bar row:3x12-15
    Dumbell Press:3x10-12
    Seated Dumbell Curls:3x10-15
    Skull Crushers:3x10-15
    Deadlift:3x10-12
    Swissball crunches:3xAMAP
    V-ups:3x10
    Crunches:2x50

Workout out frequency is every other day. The goal of this is really just to lean out. My diet is consisting of high protein/moderate to low carbs. On my off days I ride my road bike for about an hour or so. Any advice/flames are welcome

Here are a few pics of me in my wrestling days. This is where i'd like to be again (that lean) any idea how much BF i was at? Through high school i wrestled 135, college was 149 and 157. I've always had a problem of gaining weight after wrestling, but losing it is no problem Both of the pics were taken my jr.year of college @147
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cutting Workout, advice?-picture-2.jpg   Cutting Workout, advice?-picture_1.jpg  

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't believe in my lifting routine being any different for cutting or bulking. I believe you should lift heavy all the time in order to maximize your muscle mass. You muscle mass is what keeps your metabolism high. Cardio and diet are what will help you shed the fat.

Good Point. I was thinking that if I kept lifting heavy while trying to cut, wouldn't it do more harm than good because i'm not getting as many calories as I need to facilitate muscle growth?

Also believe it or not this was my original bulking routine in high school. It worked well when I was slamming down the calories. Made huge gains in one summer.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    If you're not getting enough calories then you need to readjust your diet. DIET IS KEY!!. Check out the cutting sticky at the top of the Diet Forum.

BodyMechanic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    I don't believe in my lifting routine being any different for cutting or bulking. I believe you should lift heavy all the time in order to maximize your muscle mass. You muscle mass is what keeps your metabolism high. Cardio and diet are what will help you shed the fat.
    i agree bad man that is the way i workout when i cut too. diet and cardio will help you cut.

Hooligan is offline Associate Member
    Lifting heavy is important but I thinking taxing your muscles is the most important part. Doing it alternately b/w High Volume and Low Volume-High Load works well to create hypertrophy for me.

Thread Information