Thread: tricep injury

valique is offline Junior Member

tricep injury

3 days ago i was duin skull cruchers and all of the sudden i felt somthing really weierd in mt tricep i felt liked it move , kind of like if somone gave me a charly hose but alot worst, i had to ask my training partner to take the bar away from me before i droped it. this was 3 days ago and ity still hurts, it hurts less evry day butis still there.

does any one know whwt tghis cuold be?
    what should i do about it?

thanks your help will be apreciated

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    GO TO THE DOCTOR

probably tore the muscle if there is a bruise

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    On skull crushers my tendons at the elbows always feel like they are gonna ripe off the bone. Sounds like you did the same thing, only you pushed a little too hard. Everyone is built different, my advice to you is don't go too crazy with them.

If its getting better every day don't worry about it. Make sure you ice it and massage it a little to promote healing. some glutamine won't hurt either.

Remember though, nurse it, don't say it feels 80% so i'm gonna do a tri workout, you'll just aggravate the injury. wait until it heals. if it doesn't heal though, do go to a doc. I don't know how long you've been training, but i can tell the difference between something that is serious and something that is not, so use good judgement. if you can't stop thinking about it and it really hurts, see a doc.

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    If it continues to improve then you may be fine just putting heat on it. However if it is a tendon injury you'll want to avoid any painful movement, and Ice the area a couple times a day. From this day forward before you perfom skull crushers, warm up your elbow joints (epicondyle tendons) by doing a couple sets of light pushdowns. Then don't load the bar too quickly. Increase it over 4 sets. This is a high joint stress exercise and you need to take care. If it does not continue to improve then you'll need to see an MD. Tendon injuries can heal very slowely if not cared for.

Adonis is offline Associate Member
    This hapenned to me 2 months ago, I was doing skull crushers with 3 plates on each side and got a pinch right above the elbow.

Don't do triceps for about a month to make sure it heals ok.

If you don't want them to lag that much behind, do some light pulldowns for 3 sets with 10-15 reps to get them pumped.
    If you can, do them with one of those "rubber elastic" things they have at the gym, it really does remove the stress on the joint so you can better pump the muscle and heal quicker.

If it's your tendon then you really have to take it easy bro.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Skull crushers with 3 plates a side

Were those plates 45's or 10's? NO FLAME INTENDED...

Originally posted by Mallet
    Skull crushers with 3 plates a side

Were those plates 45's or 10's? NO FLAME INTENDED...
    Yeah 45lbs plates dude.
    But I guess strength does not always represent size.
    My training partner is 6 , 255lbs (really cut), I`m 5 9" 205lbs and I keep up with him on every single routine we do.

Well I'm in ENVY of you my brotha!

Because I'm 6'1" at 260lbs and have a hard time with 2 plates a side...and I thought my tri-ceps were my strong points

Well I guess they aren't my strong point anymore after the injury I got.

My doc said to back off tricep training, ease off on any movement that involves the triceps and and to take glutamine(lots of it!)
    Which is what valique should also be doing.

It's really, really frustrating to drive 1 hour to gym and not be able to go all balls out like I'd like to.

I know the feeling!

I've either pulled or torn my tri-cep about 6 weeks ago now, and it even starts to hurt a bit on the heavy sets of bench...never mind trying to do head crushers! I guess I'm gonna have to give the tri's a rest for a while and let them heal properly...YA like that will happen

Originally posted by Mallet
    I guess I'm gonna have to give the tri's a rest for a while and let them heal properly...YA like that will happen
    I know exactly what you mean dude!

Thread Information