Koros is offline New Member

How to thicken my neck ?

Hello,
    I have a shaved head, and I know it would be much better if I had a thicker neck, when looking from front or back.

So basically I would like my neck to be "larger".

Is there some specific exercise I could perform to achieve this objective ?

Cordially,
    Koros

qccat is offline Associate Member
    get a neck harness and hang plates from it. www.elitefts.com has them. also you can do partner neck workwith somebody applying pressure on front, back, and both sides of your neck. Those work the best, it wont happen fast but these are good exercises

Koros is offline New Member
    Ok thanks, I will check it out.
    I have seen many bodybuilder with thick neck, yet I know they don't do specific neck exercises. So how do they get the thick neck ?

Cordially,
    Koros

ScooterBoy is offline Junior Member
    Having a partner apply pressure to your neck in the different positions is a good method. Been doing those for last 4 weeks and starting to see some girth added.

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    When I did my first cycle my uncle told me my neck got huge and i didnt do anything (that was one of the reasons he knew i was on gear cuz that doesnt happen for no reason)

Mu'min is offline Associate Member
    Heavy deadlifts and shrugs add girth to my neck. My neck has never been a weak point for me though. I actually have to be careful of it getting too thick.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Neck bridges are number 1, no question about it.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Don't whatever you do get a neck hardness, almost all the old methods for adding girth to your neck have been shown to be very harmfull in way of disc compression. Shrugs and deads will hit your neck over time. I wouldn't for a minute use any harness or any other resistance with put direct pressure on your spine.

Kaine is offline New Member
    actually, I forget what the exercise is called but it helps build your neck muscles. Where you lie on a bench with your neck, and a little of you shoulders hanging over the edge, take a dumbell (not too heavy, I use 20lbs, but im weak), and hold it straight up, then keep your arms straight and move them as far behind you as you can until it hurts, then go up, and down, do reps of 15 to 20. Works great in my experience, also works your lats and helps define and stretch pecks. That exercise just helps no matter what your doing, so I do it almost every time I'm at the gym.

edit: the exercise is called lateral pullovers i think...anyway try em out, they're great.
    Last edited by Kaine; 06-11-2004 at 12:31 AM. Reason: cuz

Beernutz is offline Member
    shrugs done properly with a huge squeeze on each rep will build the neck.

I use a neck machine it adds girth to my neck and it is the all time secret to big trapz.

homeboybonanza is offline Associate Member
    hulkster, I don't give out many compliments so this is well deserved...you have THE BEST traps bro (if that's you in the pic)...You say the 4-way neck machine did that? Well, I'm gonna hit now too!
    Thanks bro!
    -HB

SKiN is offline Member
    How big are yalls neck? I think i have a naturally pretty big neck. Ive never worked it out specifically but shrugs and deads really blow mine up. I'm 5' 11'' 200lb and my neck is 20.25 inches. Just wonderin what everyone elses is.... Someone told me NFL linemen have 22in necks but id bet they are way bigger.

Thread Information