magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member

anyone care to help me build a mass building program?

alright so i think it's about time to change up my normal training routine. I've been doing a lot of thinking and reading and have come tothe conclusion im going to go withthe less is more theory for this next 8 weeks or so to see what the difference (if any) is between this workout and my previous ones.
    I'll lay out a plan which i think sounds good enough and you guys can crtique it if you'd care to help me out. I like to work out 5 days a week, usually mon tue, thurs, fri, sat.
    so here's my plan
    Mon(chest)
    DB incline 4 sets 6-8 reps
    DB flat bench 3 sets 6-8 reps
    Cable flyes 3 sets 6-8 reps
    DB flyes 3 sets 6-8 reps
    I've also toyed with the idea of DB pullovers but i don;t know how effective those are.

Tue (back)
    wide grip pull up 20-30 reps (how many ever sets it takes)
    Barbell row 3 sets 6-8 reps
    one arm row 3 sets " "
    wide grip pull down 3 sets " "
    seated row (on the cable machinewith a straight bar... not sure what it's called) 3 sets " "reps
    barbell shrug 3 sets (8-10)

Wed- off

Thurs (arms)
    straight bar curl 3 sets 6-8
    hammer curl 3 sets " "
    skull crushers 3 sets " "
    pushdown 3 sets " "
    concentration curl 3 sets 10 reps
    kickbacks 3 sets 8 reps

Fri (shoulders)
    DB press 4 sets 6-8
    rear raises 3 sets " "
    upright rows 3 sets " "
    side laterals 3 sets " "
    DB shrug 3 sets 6-8

Sat (legs)
    squats 3 sets 6-8
    leg extension 3 sets 6-10
    leg curl 3 sets 6-10
    walking lunges 3 sets (apr. 30)
    (perhaps throw in some leg press here at the end?)

Let me know of any changes you guys think should be made... i know when i posted before some said i was over traiing but im surious to know how to change it up to prevent this... please fill me in on any changes which should be made
    magic

bubbathegut is offline Member
    overall it looks like a great workout routine to me, except i noticed a few things that can be changed. like on back day u are doing pull ups and then doing seated pull downs, which is basically the same thing. DB pullovers are supposed to be good for expanding the rib cage, i have done them in the past, it just takes a while to get the proper form for the best results. on shoulder day i would throw in another pressing movement like military press. oh and dont forget about the calves...good luck..

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Looks good. Pulls up. Try forward grip and another set with reverse grip. Im sure thats what you implied.

Pretty much the same workout I do except for the benching. If I use dumb bells, I dont feel it is necassary to do flies or cable afterwards. I will do dbells for inner chest then straight bar for wide chest.

Looks good. Pulls up. Try forward grip and another set with reverse grip. Im sure thats what you implied.

Pretty much the same workout I do except for the benching. If I use dumb bells, I dont feel it is necassary to do flies or cable afterwards. I will do dbells for inner chest then straight bar for wide chest.

Damm. I hope that got my point across

bubbathegut is offline Member
    d nm u are the king of multi posting...lol

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    lol **** you bermich i thought i had a bunch of helpful hints but it's just your posts over and over and over and over... lol
    thanks for theh elp fellas... yeah i forgot to mention calves but i do do them...

Thread Information